Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Front Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Default Front Grill

Im going to be cutting up my stock grill to get rid of H and the middle part then smoothing it out and repainting and what not. Then I'm going to attach a mesh grill behind. I was wondering if anyone here has done it before and have any tips for me while going through the process. Ill post pics about the steps in case anyone wants to try also. I figured doing this is a lot cheaper than trying to buy a new grill.. I'm not ballin >_>

Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Front Grill

Make sure we get a picture or two when you get it done..I'll be interested in the look..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=pimp.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 PM

i made my own mesh grille and it came out perfect...everyone loves it...and i've had a couple people who have accords(6th gen) that ask me where i bought it and they can't believe i made it myself. I basically bought some grating wire from home depot($3),sprayed it silver($1 a can),and then i bought the hooks for picture frames and got some screws and drilled it in the bumper and it came out good

Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 PM

A step by step write up may be useful to others in the future.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:53 AM

Heres the almost finihsed product. Still haven't decided if I wanted to paint the grill black though. I also may have to bondo some parts that left holes. but from far way they aren't even noticable. I may write a step by step tomorrow Im a bit tired now lol pz

Name:  grill.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  37.4 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 AM

THATS HOW MINE LOOKS BUT ITS BEHIND THE H.and do you guys really want the steps because it was easy and looks nice i'll put up pictures later tonight

Old 05-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Wilkz
Unregistered

id like the steps because im thinking about doing it to my 97. it looks good tho.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:12 PM

**** that looks good. show us the steps

Old 05-25-2008, 11:12 PM

its the easiest thing to do.
first purchase the fencing from home depot,you can purchase poultry fencing or gutter grating(I THINK THATS WHAT ITS CALLED)

buy a can of spray paint,silver is highly reccommended.

spray the fencing and allow it to dry.

lift the hood and you will see that there is a gap that you can literally see the bottom of the car through,slide the new fencing through this gap and have a two screws ready.

two choices,either you can screw it from within,basically you'd need one of those electrical screw drivers that bend if you don't have this,you can also purchase the two hooks used to hold picture frames up and slide it through the top part of the fence and then screw it into your bumper slowly..

close the hood and you'll now have a brand new grille AND still keep your stock H grille which gives your accord a more sporty look. enjoy..i'll post pictures soon

Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 AM

I didn't paint the grill thats the color it came from home depot lool

Also I cut out the H completely because it bothered me. If you plan on cutting it out like that be prepared because it does leave a bad hole, but I took care of those with some electrical tape and then painted teh entire thing black + clear coat. It matches my car so I didn't have a problem with painting it. If you think tape is too ghetto go ahead and use bondo. The only thing I have left to do is decide whether I want the grill sheet to stay that color or be black.

Quick Reply: Front Grill