Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Got Lint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
SilverStreak
Unregistered
Default Got Lint?

Hi there! New to the forum but have been a loyal Accord buyer for years. Just recently bought an 06 Accord with the black cloth interior and I noticed something. Lint sticks to the seats like none of ever seen. Granted the black color doesn't help to hide it, BUT I've had black interiors before without any issue that I can recall.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm starting to think static cling is a culprit, but first I want to see if I'm the only one!!!

I was trying to clean it and it doesn't want to come off, not even with one of those rolling adhesive pet hair remover.

Thanks

Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Got Lint?

You're not alone. Same thing happens to me. Those dang seats attract everything.

I was just about to say try one of those adhesive pet hair removers until I read that you already tried.[:@]

Old 02-05-2006, 02:59 AM
SilverStreak
Unregistered

Don't get me wrong the rolling lint remover wil remove stuff, but no the actual lint. Besides the seats collect it so quickly! I told my wife to never wear a white sweater in the car. I don't know what it is about the material that is attracting this crap, but it sucks!

Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 PM

Try taking a vacuum to it. That might not get it all off either, because I just looked and noticed a lot of lint that was stuck to the back of my seats too!
Luckily its not a whole lot, but it sure as hell wont come off.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:13 PM

Yaaa, I have it too.
I have tried all possible measures.

I have tried nearly 5 vaccum cleaners, at different car wash places.
The roller was not good either.
Finally I gave up.
Every now and then, I just use my hands and pluck it, inch by inch.

FYI: I have grey cloth interior.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:29 PM
sinSStr
Unregistered

My interior is black cloth. I have the same problem that I noticed the first time I tried to vacuum it. I am going to try to locate some nice seat covers for it.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Nighthawk750
Unregistered

My 06 Accord with black cloth has the same problem - an incredible amount of lint sticks to the seats and is really difficult to get it off. I've dragged packing tape over it to pick it up, and while that works better than vacuuming, it wastes a lot of tape and is very slow. Several good vacuums have been tried but none get them really clean.

Has anyone come up with a good method to get these seats clean? The black fabric in my Maxima repels lint in comparison to the Accord. It truly is the only thing that I dislike about the car.

Thanks for any input!

Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM

if you look in stores sometimes you'll find little motor powered lint removers that have little blades (like an oversized face razor) that may work, also spray down the seat with a little bit of starch and that should help stop it's lint catching abilities....

Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 AM

Might be a little harsh, but pull out some Duck Tape and see if that pulls it off...

Old 12-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Hello Members..
Take a wide piece of say packing tape..the kind you use to close up box's with, and wrap it around your hand and use it to take off all your cars lint problems...It works good!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Got Lint?