Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Default Grilles

Ok well, I ordered a black JDM grille off the internet for my 95 accord v6, and it kinda looks like crap. The grilles are made for 4 cylinder engines, no one sells them especially for v6 models, so there is like 1/3 inch gap on the top and sides. Anyway, the mesh part is black, and im thinking if i get some silver mesh for the grille and lower bumper, it will look better. Someone told me to go to home depot and get the mesh screens for a gutter for like 6 bucks. Has anyone done this, and does it look good? Or should i spend $30-$50 and get a real mesh insert. Post pics if you can. Thanks

Old 08-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Grilles

I have mesh that I purchased at advance auto store that is made for what you are doing. My brother has a honda crx and he did this to his back clip and he used something like what you are talking about and it doesn't look good at all. At Advance auto they have two sheets that are the perfect size to cut and shape around your front bumper cover. I cut out all the plastic with a dremel then used some strong glue to glue the mesh in. It looks like a professional job. I have had the mesh on for a year and it has not faded and is not stained it still looks great. As for my brothers mesh he keeps having to paint it silver. Hope this helps.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...gorycode=3327G

Old 08-03-2006, 03:07 PM

Oh and by the way welcome to the site!!! Breeze

Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 PM

aight cool, thank you

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM

btw, does mesh look good on a stock front bumper + easy to install?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 PM

It looks great! When I get my new carbon fiber hood I'll post some pics. First, you will open your hood, remove the screws from the plastic peice with the honda symbol on it, then remove the srews from the front bumper to release the front clip, then you will take a dremel or some kind of cutting device and cut out all plastic on the inside of the front clip. I also cut out all the plastic inside of the symbol peice (that covers the radiator). Then, you will bend the mesh to fit everything then decide where you will cut the mesh (with wire cutters), and then you will put some black gutter caulking or silicone to glue the mesh to your front clip on the back side of the front bumper clip. I have used a pressure washer to clean my car many times and the mesh has never moved from it's original place. Anytime! Breeze

Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM

I found this nice little thread. Not much detail, this guy went with the mesh. I wonder wat he did and wat it looked like.

in case anyone else is thinking about grill or mesh. or wants to add to this. which will help me out too.