Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Guage Pods

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Default Guage Pods

Does anyone have the Tripe guage A pillar mount? I want to get a more accurate reading of what is going on underhood and though that this might be a good way to set things up. If anyone has one or knows about it, please let me know. I want to know about mounting, does it replace the plastic that is there already or does it go over it? Any techniques for painting it/getting it to match interior color?
Thanks!

Old 09-26-2006, 02:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Guage Pods

Hey Slusher! It seems as though you are getting everything that I have! lol I am at school right now, so I cant get any pictures but I will try to put some up later. Anyways, I got mine off eBay and the color matched about perfectly. The base slid between my dashboard and a-pillar and I used one screw to hold it at the top as 3m foam tape didnt work for me. I have tinted gauges that change 7 colors though they are hard to see during the day. I got voltage, oil temp, and oil press. but only have the voltage working. I tapped in the fuse box under the hod for power and then into the cigarette lighter so they only work when the car is on and wont drain the battery. My dad wants to wait until we have a full day to see how the oil press. sending unit and temp. unit hook up. Im getting Tokyo Drift today...so I might have time to get some pics... lol

Old 09-27-2006, 05:50 AM

19Accord97 its always good to hear from you!! So, your gauge pod pillar came in the same color as you interior? You didn't have to paint it? Is your interior black? Did you remove the stock A-pillar peice of plastic moulding or do the pods mount directly over it? Wow, I got questions! Oh, about the oil pressure hookup for the gauge, I have found some electrical hook ups for the oil pressure/oil temp. This adapter seems to fit in between the oil filter and the block and can measure the pressure and temperature. But it is for electrical gauges only, not sure if yours are mechanical. The gauges are called Blox gauges and you can buy just the adapter for oil press/temp.
www.prostreetonline.com/store/gauges/blox_gauges
Check it out. And as always thanks for all your help, always appreciate it!
PS- I would like to see pics of your car.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I am going to have to check into that adapter. I wonder if it would work my my sending units (dont know the size or if I would need two)...and my gauges are also electric. My interior is the darkish grey and the slight difference in color is unnoticeable. I didnt have to paint it but the paint on the pillar comes off if you are rough with it. I have one scratch where I can see the black underneath from a srewdriver when installing it so be careful. As for the a-pillar, I just assumed it went over the stock piece and thats how I did it! So you may want to ask around but its working for me. I'll go take some pictures right now actually!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hope they help

My gauges are kind of hard to see during the day but at night they look awesome! You can pick one of seven colors or they will automatically rotate through them all. Next you can see the scratch/screw and how close it matches the original. Then you can see their is quite a bit of wiring... whoops![8D]

Old 09-27-2006, 11:59 PM

Hey, thanks for the pics! Those gauges look sweet. I wouldn't have noticed the screw thing if you hadn't taken a picture. I also appreciate that you told me how you wired all of em up. And yeah, I have to look into that adapter to see if its going to help any. Do you know of a better way to get the oil pressure gauge hooked up? This adapter just looked too easy and I wouldn't want the oil filter to leak or anything.
Once again, really like the gauges (brand?) keep up the good work and let me know what you find out.
Thanks

Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

No problem! And thanks! A great thing about the cigarette lighter is that it should already have a built in fuse so thats why we decided to tap in there and it was really easy. The brand is GlowShift and they are good for their price and I got the pod from the same seller. As for the oil pressure guage....I really have no idea. I bought a bunch of NTP (i think) brass piping that supposedly would work as other members suggested but like I said, I wont know until my dad and I change the oil again and take a really good look. And thanks for checking into the adapter It does sound too easy...but if it works then im game!

Old 09-28-2006, 02:02 AM

Yeah, I think I'm game too. I might just order it and give it a try. You said that your gauges are electrical but you still had to get some brass pipes? I might be wrong but I thought that electrical gauges only needed some wires connected to the right spots? I could be way off though.
I also checked out pics in the gallery, looks sweet! And yes, you have pretty much done everything to your car that I am planning on doing to my car. Love that grill up front, I've been looking hard at those.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:56 AM

I just found the post you were talking about from Marbro. Doesn't sound too hard, just time consuming. When I'm ready I think I'm gonna try the easier route with the adapter. I STILL have to install my header so I'm a little behind and gauges are off in the future. Who did you buy the pod from? And where did you buy your grill? I've seen them on ebay and they look pretty decent.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well people said that I would need some NTP piping to hook up my gauges from a point about my oil filter. They are electric, but the sensors need to screw into something hence the brass pipes w/ T-fittings. Its hard to explain! Thanks for checking out my pics The seller for the gauges I think was actually just called GlowShift. It cost me a little over $100 for the pod and 3 gauges. I also got the grille off ebay and it seemed pretty cheap quality at first but its held up perfectly. The actual "mesh" part of the grill is an unattatched rectangle and you have to screw it on to the new grill. But I had to cut the mesh with tin snips otherwise it would hit my bumper before the actual grill and I couldnt install it. Easy fix though.

Quick Reply: Guage Pods