Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Halo Kit vs. HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Halo Kit vs. HID Kit

Does any one have a preference , or advise a place to buy them??

i was looking at CarID and this website has good halo's i think 2008-2009 Honda Accord Sedan ORACLE Headlight Halo Kit- CCFL Halos from AAC

Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM

CarID is probably a decent place to buy things. However, that looks like it's gonna be a pain to install if its just the rings they are selling. Why not just get LED strips and form them into a ring?? They'd last longer than CCFL..

As for the HID kit, looks pretty standard..

Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ok yesterday when I clicked on the link you gave I looked quickly and thought "oh just a set of ricer headlights that look out of place on a 2012 Accord"

however after Grim spoke up I looked again and could not believe what they actually were.
It is just a Halo kit.

Do you realize that to install them you will need to

1 - remove the front bumper of your 2012 Car
2 - remove headlights place in oven (yes oven) on the low setting until glue holding them together melts
3 - split them apart, glue in the halo rings, drill holes through the rear of housing to run wires for halo rings
4 - reglue headlight housings together hoping you have it right or you will quickly get moisture (water) in your brand new 2012 headlights
Re-install making sure you did not scratch the paint on your brand new 2012 car and get the bumper back on perfectly.

You are the same guy who thinks changing the factory headunit will void your warranty yet you want to remove and possible destroy the whole front of your car?

Slow down buddy, put some miles on that sweet car of yours. Upgrade the radio, perhaps tint the windows.

Leave on the bolt-on junk to the kids with the older Civics.

You should understand changing the headlights, bolting on aftermarket spoiliers, miking the exhaust louder - all you are doing is spending money to make the car worth less money. Yes I wrote that correctly, the more you change the car the less it will be worth.

At least the stereo system you can remove and return the car to stock when you decide to get rid of it.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well thanks.. i mean i already have tints. got that first day i bought it.. added blue led lights inside the care for the dome, doors, etc. i wanted to buy a nice HID kit and i jus ordered my speakers based on keeping the stock radio from crutchfield

Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 PM

oh yeah I second what crispin said.. It is going to be a true pain to install those little rings.. good luck sticking your 2012 car's headlights in the oven and then trying to reseal them properly and praying that they actually did indeed reseal properly.. I kind of just went on the assumption that you knew what you were doing, but in all honesty, if you don't know how to make custom projectors out of stock housings like the back of your head, this project would be pointless.. actually, this project would be pointless period.. come on, that much effort for two rings, you're almost better off getting cheap aftermarket headlights with those LED rings, thats what I did but mine's a 2000 and I still almost regret it.. but if it's a 2012 car add nothing..

99% of the time aftermarket = cheapo-market.. there's a reason genuine honda parts are as expensive as they're as opposed to the aftermarket ones, even the well known brandnames..