Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

headlight bulbs/remote lock/unlock

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Default headlight bulbs/remote lock/unlock

hey guys - i just joined. i searched around a little bit and found a lot of "headlight" topics, but not too much about just the bulbs.

my fiance has an 02 4 door accord, it's the base base base model - it doesn't even have lettering on the back, but i guess it's the "lx". we don't have money for a new car, and really don't mind the car, we just want 2 main upgrades - better headlights (the roads here get really dark in austin at night, not too many streetlamps) and a remote to unlock and lock the car. can anyone help with suggestions?

1. i want to replace her bulbs with whiter/brighter ones. i don't know much about this. i remember getting bulbs for my '99 civic at autozone or something. i don't want to spend a bunch of money and get hid's or a whole new housing, just brighter, but dependable bulbs.

2. is there any "cheap" way to make the doors remote lock/unlock? that's really very annoying to me, i hate using the key!! i saw something at commando or some website, just not sure if it's possible. i don't care so much about being able to "switch" lock once your in the car, just when you're walking up to it/away from it.

thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you can give...

Old 11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Default RE: headlight bulbs/remote lock/unlock

if its the base base base model im sure its the dx. do you have power locks and windows? cuz if u dont then its the dx and if u do its either the lx or ex. i got my keyless entry for like 70 bucks then like 30 for installation. and with light bulbs i wonder the same thing. i want more light lol

Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

4300k puts out the most light and is representative of the sun's color spectrum. lower temp will get more yellow and higher will get more blue, then purple. For about $150 you can get HID's that will outperform any bulbs and you can install them yourself ..... very easy, they snap into the stock wiring and the bulbs fit stock housings. On the gallery, you can see some pictures of mine. I have TYC projector housings with 5000k HID conversions in them.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 AM

yeah, it's gotta be the dx then, no power anything, no cruise control, just auto, ac, and cd player! so where did you get your keyless entry? for that price i think it's worth it. did you just get a "jo-schmo" shop to install it?

ORIGINAL: 02BlueAccord

if its the base base base model im sure its the dx. do you have power locks and windows? cuz if u dont then its the dx and if u do its either the lx or ex. i got my keyless entry for like 70 bucks then like 30 for installation. and with light bulbs i wonder the same thing. i want more light lol

Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 AM

cool man. where did you by yours? that's a good price for hid's!! ah, i just remembered the name i was trying to remember ... sylvania. they make good bulbs don't they? i know they're not hid, but i don't want to spend too much money here, we're don't want to keep the car longer than 1 or 2 more years.

ORIGINAL: falkore24

4300k puts out the most light and is representative of the sun's color spectrum. lower temp will get more yellow and higher will get more blue, then purple. For about $150 you can get HID's that will outperform any bulbs and you can install them yourself ..... very easy, they snap into the stock wiring and the bulbs fit stock housings. On the gallery, you can see some pictures of mine. I have TYC projector housings with 5000k HID conversions in them.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM

i got mine at circuit city. and had them install it as well

Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM

sweet, i'll check them out. it's just keyless right, no fancy alarm or anything...

by the way, how's your car running? looks like you got some nice mods going there.
ORIGINAL: 02BlueAccord

i got mine at circuit city. and had them install it as well

Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM

silvania makes good bulbs ..... PIAA are better, but at a price. I paid about $200 for my HID's because I wanted a few safety items in the ballast/controller, but they are not necessary. Ebay averages about $150.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM

thanks guys. i'll check out circuit city for the keyless entry, and look around at sylvania or piaa. i really appreciate the help - i drive an rx8 and our forum is great too, but i've heard some are crappy, so i'm glad this forum is so helpful. i'll check back in and let you know how it works out.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM

or, if you need to, you could add driving lights

Quick Reply: headlight bulbs/remote lock/unlock