Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Headlight upgrade?HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Default Headlight upgrade?HID

Hello Everyone,

I considered buying HID ballasts and bulbs to replace my current headlights. I have silverstars in my headlights, but they seem to last only a few months before they burn out!!! SO I think I am done with Silverstars.

Does anyone have aftermarket HID in there car now, recommend a brand that will last. Also should I change the headlight assembly as well to have better focus on the HID or just use oem headlights??

Thanks for your input...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: Headlight upgrade?HID

ddmtuning.net heard great reviews from there from fellow members in here

and for the headlight assembly, a retrofit for projectors is best.

but yeah i want to know how bad it would be if i used the oem headlights with the hid bulbs? i was planning just go with 4500k or 6000k max..

Old 05-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Once upon a time there was a huge debate here about HIDs in the stock housings. For the record, I plan on putting DDM 6000K's in my blackhoused stock headlights when I get around to it.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM

how did u get ur stock housing black?? thats pretty cool. which part of it are black

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 AM

I heard good things about ddmtuning as well. I have the McCulloch kit. I purchased it three or four years ago for like 300. I just checked their site, the kit is on sale for $230.00 shipped. I think their kits are really nice. Thats just my opinion.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 AM

Search "DIY Blackhoused Headlights"

Old 05-29-2008, 02:04 PM

I have my 8K hids in my stock housing. I have had 0 (ZERO) problems. They've been in for a little more than a year now, the light output is excellent. I will admit a retro fit is way cool. BTW i too blacked out my stock headlight housing. Seeing that the search button is defunct for the time here is a link to someone else who did it

http://forums.evolutionm.net/archive.../t-130062.html

its from a lancer forum, but the principal applies. If you know how to take off your headlights then the rest of the steps are the same. get alot of sand paper cause i went through alot, then again, for me it had to be devoid of any chrome paint (hooray for OCD). Anyway its alot of fun to do and its awsome to point at your headlights and say "I did that" If you plan to do it, you may as well do the engine covers as well. Obviously if you plan on doing this, do it outdoors in a well ventalated area no where near your or anyone elses car (Due to over spray). You might also want to think about painting them white, to match the rest of your car. That would look SA-WHEAT

Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

I have a kit off DDMtunings, i like them alot and paid like $170 with shipping and a lifetime warrenty.

They are fine in the stock housing, they dont glare or anything, and have i have never been flashed while having them.

I have 5000K

Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
kmwlink4
Unregistered

If you want an awesome HID headlight conversion kit I will let you in on a secret. An optoelectronics company named Mozo is supposed to be having this crazy sale on their HID conversion kits this coming week. The company is trying to branch out and see if they can sell their lights on eBay. You can't even buy them off their website, they will only be on eBay. They are only selling 400-500 lights but they are supposedly going to cost only $79 a piece... which is nuts for a good HID conversion kit. They are not advertising at all because they want to see if Mozo buyers actually get on eBay. Lucky for us accord drivers the only two types of lights they will be selling are 9006 and 9005 and I was told they will have them in 4300k and 6000k. I am sure these kits will go quick but I bet you can get some if you keep an eye out. I will post if I see them on eBay. I already have some Mozo's but I am probably going to get some more just to re-sell them since they are going to be so cheap. And don't worry, Mozo's aren't those cheap immitations that barely have any light; these headlights are really good. If you want to check out the website its www.Mozohid.com Good Luck. oh and if you don't make the sale in time, I will probably have some to re-sell to you... jk

Old 05-30-2008, 04:21 PM

Sounds pretty SPAM-y for you first post, don't you think?

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade?HID