Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Default HID Again...

I am sure you are ALL over answering questions about this subject so I will pose the question like this.

Lets say you have an 08 Accord Coupe and wanted to switch to HID (all bulbs up front for now) What would you buy and why? Need advice and some ideas.Thanks in advance!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Default RE: HID Again...

Well the bulb size for our Accords are H11. The coupes come with projector casings, unlike the sedan. For HIDs... you want projector casings (Yay!).If you want to change all the bulbs up front, then you need to buy 2 HID kits (one for high beams, and one for low beams). You might need a third depending on whether or not you have foglights.

I personally would not invest in high beam HIDs... they are not used often and is more or less money that can be better spent elsewhere.

Here is a popular website for HIDs... http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Hope, I was of help. =)

Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 AM

Big help thanks so much! And thanks for saving me some money with the high beam thing, it didnt make much sense to me to buy them either.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Rman23

Well the bulb size for our Accords are H11. The coupes come with projector casings, unlike the sedan. For HIDs... you want projector casings (Yay!).If you want to change all the bulbs up front, then you need to buy 2 HID kits (one for high beams, and one for low beams). You might need a third depending on whether or not you have foglights.

I personally would not invest in high beam HIDs... they are not used often and is more or less money that can be better spent elsewhere.

Here is a popular website for HIDs... http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Hope, I was of help. =)
Hey man. I got my kit from ddmtuning and i was wondering if you could help me figure something out. I got an 08 coupe too and i know they use H11's. I was installing them the other day and the ballast input would not connect to the stock connector. I also got the wrong bulbs so im thinking it would not fit because of the wrong order. Did you order your kit from ddmtuning too? and if you did how did the installation go for you?

Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Rogizzy123

ORIGINAL: Rman23

Well the bulb size for our Accords are H11. The coupes come with projector casings, unlike the sedan. For HIDs... you want projector casings (Yay!). If you want to change all the bulbs up front, then you need to buy 2 HID kits (one for high beams, and one for low beams). You might need a third depending on whether or not you have foglights.

Hope, I was of help. =)
Hey man. I got my kit from ddmtuning and i was wondering if you could help me figure something out. I got an 08 coupe too and i know they use H11's. I was installing them the other day and the ballast input would not connect to the stock connector. I also got the wrong bulbs so im thinking it would not fit because of the wrong order. Did you order your kit from ddmtuning too? and if you did how did the installation go for you?
Why don't you just cut off the connectors and hardwire them with a butt splice (when you get the right bulbs...)?

Also, 08AccordChica, HID's in the high beams isn't advised because HID bulbs don't like to be turned on and off and you will greatly reduce bulbs life. HID fogs are kind of overkill to other drivers, we only need 2 HID blinding us please!

ddmtuning is a good site for HIDs

Old 04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
speedyaccord
Unregistered

what about installed HID conversion into the sedan? what is necessary? I am waiting on the '09 Accord as I have read it's going to have the 2.2 i-DTEC diesel available for it. Incidentally, what does i-DTEC stand for?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Proabably iVTEC, but for diesel.

You'll need the same thing as all cars with HID: bulbs and ballasts. You just need to figure out what the bulb size is on the '09.