Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
aznnightmare9
Unregistered
Default HID conversion?

anyone install hid converion in a 94 accord? looking at 2 brands: Nanjing Han Ming Lighting Company and Philips. which one is the better choice?

Old 01-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID conversion?

dude with the **** chang bang system you can most certainly plan on a burner burning out in the first few days and prolly your ballast. a phillips hella system is much better. i have personally used mccullough, and its top notch.

lightshow

Old 01-20-2006, 02:14 PM

and the install in the 94 is easy as Poop. pm me if you want the run down.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 AM

I am also looking into changing to the HID conversions. My only problem is I dont know whats good and not good, and for the amount I should be paying for it. Since my 06 accord as daytime lights, I want to change those also so they all match. So to all you pros out there..... where do i start?[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 01-25-2006, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: sexybeast06

I am also looking into changing to the HID conversions. My only problem is I dont know whats good and not good, and for the amount I should be paying for it. Since my 06 accord as daytime lights, I want to change those also so they all match. So to all you pros out there..... where do i start?[sm=thanx.gif]
On the new accord the DRLs are integrated with the lowbeam system. So if you do a hid conversion you'll need to disable the drl's or you'll have to turn on the headlights everytime you get in you car to prevent your hid's from blinking like strobe lights. i had that on my '04 corolla and i had to turn on my lights everytime i drove the car, that was until i got my '97 accord and put the kit in there.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM

On the new accord the DRLs are integrated with the lowbeam system. So if you do a hid conversion you'll need to disable the drl's or you'll have to turn on the headlights everytime you get in you car to prevent your hid's from blinking like strobe lights. i had that on my '04 corolla and i had to turn on my lights everytime i drove the car, that was until i got my '97 accord and put the kit in there.
Kay, I am a little new to this so....your telling me that if i throw in the conversion kit then my low beams will flicker if they are not on? [sm=dontgetit.gif] And this is because the low beams are intergated with the daytime driving lights? Did I understand this correctly? [:-] Just a little lost.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:45 PM

hey sexy...lol.. well yea, what has been said is that your low beam lights (which are the ones that you want to upgrade to HID) are the same thing as your daytime running lights. if you upgrade your low beams, the running lights will be upgraded at the same time. whenever you drive the hids will be on, which is no big deal, especially because a good set of HID's actually have a longer lifespan than a set of halogens. I personally run mcculough hids on my car the 6000k kit, this kit can be purchased for 300-350 buck and is nothing shy of top quality. another kit i would recommend is an hid kit that contains phillips ballasts (which are high voltage converters that are absolutely neccessary for an hid burner to light up), which i would recommend to be made by hella. there are different color temperatures, rated in kelvin, which is what the k on 6000k stands for. the lower the kelvin number, the brighter the light will be (rated in lumens), and.........at the bottom end of the spectrum, will be rated 4300k approximately. the light at 4300k is very very white, it wont have that blue color that your going for. the next step up in color temperature is usually 6000k, these lights look much like the lights that you would find on a bmw, mercedes benz, saab, or acura. these cars actually use 4300k bulbs stock but they have a special headlight lens that diffuses the light, letting you see the purple and blue. the next step up from the 6000k is 8 and then 10 thousand. both of these temperatures look crystal blue, which will most certainly get you pulled over by the po po (not recommended). then it goes to 12 and 14k. these temperatures have a rich exotic purple color. theres a company called meccatune and their hid kit is called the red sun, these burners have a garnet purple color i would definatley recommend if your a girl, (which i think you are but cant remember).

lightshow

Old 01-26-2006, 02:45 AM

hey sexy...lol.. well yea, what has been said is that your low beam lights......... theres a company called meccatune and their hid kit is called the red sun, these burners have a garnet purple color i would definatley recommend if your a girl, (which i think you are but cant remember).

lightshow
Lol. My, my, my aren’t we courageous to call someone sexy... without being sure if they are a girl or not.
I got kind of confused with the low beams and running lights so here it goes once again. I will now be referring my to my lights as "regular headlights”, “daytime running lights", and "highbeams". I went to take a look at my light more thoroughly and finally understood what was going on. My daytime running lights are the lights that are constantly on when I am driving. These lights are also in combination with my highbeams which are located to the inner part of my headlamp unit. My regular head lights are by themselves which are located towards the outter part of the headlamp unit. When my headlights are on the daytime running lights are off and vice versa. So if I did a HID conversion, then I would only be changing the regular head lights, or should I do both the regular head lights and the daytime/highbeams. There was also another alternative to this is if I just changed the daytime/highbeams to the halogens and then the regular headlights to the HID conversions. I want to make it look as sweet as possible without the tackyness. I thank you for all your help in explaining to me about the kelvins and temps. So far I am leaning towards the 8000k, but I will look into those red suns you’re talking about.
BTW yes, I am a girl.... can you tell by the indecisiveness? hahaha

Old 01-26-2006, 04:11 AM

lol...the 8000's are really blue, blue like the light on the top of a police car. in az you would get pulled over for having them. the more lights you want to make hid, the more kits you have to buy, so i think you should only replace the regular beams that are on at night. heres a link these lights are dope. i dont know which size your bulbs are though.

hids

lightshow

Old 01-27-2006, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

lol...the 8000's are really blue, blue like the light on the top of a police car. in az you would get pulled over for having them. the more lights you want to make hid, the more kits you have to buy, so i think you should only replace the regular beams that are on at night. heres a link these lights are dope. i dont know which size your bulbs are though.

hids

lightshow
Those lights are red! Wow I would so get in trouble with those on the road. California laws are not too bad with lighting unless it that purple or the red suns. I do want to have the bright white with some blue so thats why i was looking towards the 8000k. I will be looking more into the 6000k too, but for sure as much as the red suns look really cool, but I know i so would get busted for them. I also went to look at the mcculoughs and yeah i was looking the amount of 400. I just hope that they are worth the amount that they are for. Kinda expensive.[:@]

So in your opinion, you think that I should chnage the regular headlights to the HID and the I should change the other (daytime/highbeams) to the halogen bulbs. What kind of halogen bulbs are good for the job? I remember getting some bulbs (which i dont remember what type they were) but they were super hot all the time, and burned out quite often.[:'(]

Quick Reply: HID conversion?