Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Headlights...Advice...Recommendations..

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Default HID Headlights...Advice...Recommendations..

Hey guys...

Just looking for some advice...or recommendations...

I have seen many HID kits in the market (ebay...amazon...performance stores)

Do you guys know which is the best one.... I'm actually looking for one....the HID that actually shoots white light... (closer to legal than the blue ones).... also....i don't want them soo bright...which may attract cops...and blind other ppl....

I just need some headlights... that are bright...and that can make my vision clear at night....

withthe stocks one....i can't barely see far....

Can you guys also explain the temperature...color.....etc... 4300...6000..8000...

4300=bright white...5000=intense white...6000=crystal white....which ones atrract more attendtion...which is more brighter and tend to blind ppl...

will the bulb...burn off the projector plastic...i heard of them being very hot...?

Will HID bulbs run my battery off.... (i normally sit inmy car and listen to the stereo for a long time and don't want my battery runing out)

Any other reccomendations are welcomed..

Thx guys...i'm new to the car thing...

Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HID Headlights...Advice...Recommendations..

please search, this has been covered many times

Old 11-26-2007, 02:23 PM

4300 will probably be the white light you are looking for. 6000 has a small hint of blue in it. 8000 is pretty much blue and anything above that is most likely illegal. I don't know for sure about the projector plastic but in other threads it was stated that hids don't get as hot as stock bulbs and it won't run your battery. Hids use 35w while halogens use 55. And do you need to sit in your car with the lights on?

Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

please search, this has been covered many times
I searched...thanks...some questoins were answered...

ORIGINAL: Kyle

4300 will probably be the white light you are looking for. 6000 has a small hint of blue in it. 8000 is pretty much blue and anything above that is most likely illegal. I don't know for sure about the projector plastic but in other threads it was stated that hids don't get as hot as stock bulbs and it won't run your battery. Hids use 35w while halogens use 55. And do you need to sit in your car with the lights on?
So do you recommend 4300 or the 6000 or even the 5000....which is more brighter...which can blind ppl... lol... which "seems" more legal on the streets...?

i read online that the 4300 is white with some yellow, the 5000 is pure white....and the 6000 is white with some blue....so again...which seems legal...

my brother had the 8000 on and got pulled over...i don't want anythnig like that happen to me...

thx

Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 PM

4300K is like stock color but the HID system makes it alot brighter than stock bulbs. i havent personally seen 5000K but that might be the color youre looking for. I have 6000K and they are such an awesome color. theyre kinda like the color of white leds. its white with a hint of blueish

OH BTW i drive alot between TX and LA and i havent been hassled about the color or brightness of my 6000K HID's

Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

i havent personally seen 5000K but that might be the color youre looking for.
Look in my pics ..... I have 5000K HID converted projectors.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:12 PM

Yeah Texas cops have nothing better to do than to bother you about stupid stuff..

"Hey, did you know your car is on fire?"
"Yeah pig, what's it to ya!? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW"

ok I know that's stereotypical, but i've never actually seen anything like that...

--==--

But yeah, the cops down here are a real PITA

Old 11-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Thanks guys....

after all the research and the props from this thread...i decided to get the 5000 one.......if I get the hid's for my car...will it blind other people....many times on the freeway, i have saw these bright hids that just sorta blinded me for a minute.....is that what happens for all the hids...or does it have to do with aiming....i know that the reflective covers have something to do with it...?

another question..

I read on here that its better to get the electronic ballast rather than the regular one.. however, I searched ebay and none of them lists their ballast as electronic.... I attempted to ask them question and they told me that they do not know....

so is there a way to telll....

Old 11-29-2007, 10:02 AM

aftermarket HID kits don't aim like the ones in new luxuary cars so if you get them aimed right, you shouldn't blind people.

For the electronic ballasts (a must) look for anything indicating that the bulbs turn on at slightly different times or they adjust to keep the light output even or that there are safety devices included ..... post what you find and I and others will tell you what we think of them.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM

check out customlightz.com thats where i ordered mine from. It was not cheap but i love the lights full tsx projection kit.

Quick Reply: HID Headlights...Advice...Recommendations..