Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Hid installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

simple solution take a pic with said lights on and then a oic with the light switch to on.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:56 PM

my daughter lost the digital camera in the mall so i can't take a pic for you now.
they are definately not fogs. i see honda's with them on all the time though. today alone i saw 2 civics with daytime lights on-not the low beams but lights like mine.

when i get another camera, i'll post a pic.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM

what year is your car?

Old 03-23-2009, 04:47 AM

a 2006 se accord auto.

i'll find some time today to see what the manual calls them-perhaps that will shed some light on this.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM

Dude than your DRLs ARE the low beams... If your not talking about the DRLs, than you must be talking about the parking lights or fog lights, there is nothing else on the 7.5th gen. If you put HIDs in your high beams they are not going to work like DRLs, then will just flicker and look like crap. You would have to disable the DRLs if you want HIDs in your high beams.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 AM

haha im so good.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM

I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK. NOW , I ORDERED 9006 LIGHTS FROM DDM FOR THE LOW BEAMS SO I AM ASSUMING THAT I PUT THE LIGHTS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION. THEY ONLY COME ON WHEN I TURN ON THE LIGHTS ON THE STEM- ALL THE WAY OR 3 CLICKS WHICH IS FROM OFF, TO PARKING LIGHTS TO LOW BEAMS. I CAN STILL PUT THE BRIGHTS ON WHICH INVOLVE THE OUTER MOST LAMPS.
AM I CORRECT SO FAR?

I WILL CHECK ALL THIS OUT WHEN I'M OFF WORK AND ALSO LOOK IN MY MANUAL.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM

Pretty much, yes 9006 is for the low beams. But the low beams are the outer lights not the inner lights. The inner lights are the high beams, which function as DRLs. The DRLs and high beams are the same bulbs, just that when it is in DRL "mode" the bulbs are being fed a lower voltage so they are not bright, just lit. If you want HID high beams you would have to pull the DRL fuse from the cabin fuse box.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM

That's it too fat- you asnswered my question. The inside lamps are the dlr and high beams. Therefore, it would not make sense to use hid's there. If i pull the fuse for the dlr, then i will only have the hid's for the brights which is no good.

So basically, hid's will not work there as a drl. Correct?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM

Correct, I'm not sure but I would imagine the DRLs are fed around 7v maybe less. So if the DRL circuit was still enabled, when you turn the car on either the HIDs will flicker like strobes from the low voltage, or if you using a relay the relay will flip open and closed. You know that clicking sound you hear when your battery is dead, and your trying to start the car. That's the starter relay opening and closing because there isn't enough voltage to keep it closed. If you have a relay and your DRLs kick in you will kill your HIDs from turning them on and off so fast.

EDIT: But once you pull the DRL fuse there is nothing stopping you from putting HIDs in your high beams. I pulled my DRL fuse just because they look like crap. DRLs are really only for those jacka**es that don't turn their headlights on when it's raining. But fi you use your HIDs primarily for flashing like I do, then high beam HIDs aren't for you. Turning Hids on and off is the best way to burn out your bulb prematurely. If I'm just ruing my car of for a minute I leave my headlights on, I try to only turn them off when I have to, but I'm a little crazy.

Last edited by t00fatt; 03-23-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Hid installation help