Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

-HID kit in 04 coupe- Reflector housing or Retrofit projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default -HID kit in 04 coupe- Reflector housing or Retrofit projectors?

Hey everyone, so I'm getting ready to install an HID kit in my 04 coupe. My question goes out to anyone who has experience of any kind or knows someone with the same reflector housing. Basically I am wondering if PnP is good for this car or will the glare (even after aiming) be ridiculous? I would like to get HID in my car but do not want to blind other drivers or get pulled over. I know that putting them in my original housing will not be as good as getting projectors, but it is much cheaper. I would like to go the cheap route as long as it is not terribly bad with glare, cutoff, and halo effect etc. Anybody who has experience with HID and this reflector your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: -HID kit in 04 coupe- Reflector housing or Retrofit projectors?

Ok,Plug and play systems tend to last for a while until you need to install a relay,(happened to me) which is which is why i recommend installing one at the same time you install the kit.But You are in fact wrong about aftermarket projectors,the light output is less with lets say a TYC projecor,or ebay projector,But they do cost more.Those projectors emit less light,due to the fact of the thick layer of Polyurethene,and the stock housing puts out more light.

Edit:Also,if you aim the headlights right,you will have a decent cutoff,and not blind other drivers.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

x2, dont have to buy projectors, I have HIDs in my stock housing and have never been flashed or pulled over.

And if anything I would retrofit projectors into the stock housings before buying aftermarket ones.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 PM

x2. I have HIDs in stock housings... I aimed them far enough down that the glare isn't horrible.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks guys. So just to be clear I should get and install the relay? I am happy that you guys say it should be ok as those aftermarket projectors look cheesy. As for aiming the beams is that easy to do myself or should I take it to the dealership or some shop? If I can do it myself how do I do it - is there like a bolt that lowers and raises the housing? TIA HAF

Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Other members will tell you you should install the relay, I personally have been running mine for over a year without one without issues, but i guess thats luck of the draw.

I have never adjusted the headlights on a 04, but there should just be an adjustment screw.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM

Install the relay,it will only help you. Aiming is really easy,and generally best done at night against a wall or something. Look for a screw like piece or whatever it is(mine used a 10mm socket)on the Headlight assembly.