Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID's in my projectors...

Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default HID's in my projectors...

I know it has been touched on a few times but I have a few questions about HID's in my ebay one piece projectors. The light output is still not the best, but isnt horrible, even thoug I have SilverStars in them. So I am assuming that some HID's would put out quite a bit more light. The housing themselves say "not for HID's" I am assuming this is because they have not been tested with them, and since HID' put out less heat it wont melt thehousing.

Next, are they plug and play? That would be a problem, because I have the harness for the factory bulbs, but the projectors take H1 bulbs...so I guess I may ask the ebay seller to rig up a oem plug to a H1 socket. As far as which kit to go with, I am completely lost. I have no idea whatsoever which is good or bad. I was thinking I could get a good pair off ebay for a little less than $100. What about the ballasts?

Thanks

Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Default RE: HID's in my projectors...

i'm not sure but i think HID projectors are different in the way they scatter light. i wantto do a retrofit into my halo housings, over the winter. with some tsx projectors. supposedly retrofit is the way to go to get that oem hid look. the ebay stuff dosent have that nice sharp cutoff, and ive read that they are not street legal. ive seen tsx and other types of projectors with ballasts and harnesses on ebay for like 400.00 bucks. but mounting them into oem or the halo housings is going to be challenging.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:33 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey guys!

I'd like to order some HID's soon, just wondering what a good brand is.

Also, what color temp. do Chrsylers come with? I notice they are a little blue. And do you think I would run into trouble with the cops if I had the exact same color? Or would they say they are only allowed to because it comes from the factory like that?

Old 10-20-2007, 05:36 AM

guys, look up a company....McCulloch I believe it is....they have plug and play kits...know they had one for my legend and I believe I saw other honda apps on their site.

also the chryslers/bmw's is a 6000k if I am remebering right....ill dig up the list of colors here maybe tomorrow

there are a few other plug ang play companies but McCulloch is a top rated place as I remember

Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Those are about $240!!!

I was thinking more about the $100 range.... $130 at max.

Like this:
Seens pretty good to me w/ a 14 month warranty.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...spagenameZWDVW

Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have HID's in my TYC non-HID fixtures and they work great. I have 5000k and have never been harrassed about them.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:59 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

So what is the color of 5000k?
On gen5alive.com one of the mods says that BMW's and Chrylers use 4100k bulbs, its just the projectors that makes the light appear blue. I am confused.

I want HID's asap but I cant have a ticket. I had no idea that the housing affects the color. Grrrr!!!!!!!

I was thinking 6000k would be fine, but then I was told 4300k, would have a slight slight yellowish hue, and now this and that.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:17 PM

5000k is almost pure white with a bit of blue around the beam. If you look at them dead on, you will see white, but from a slight angle they show some blue. The lens can cause refraction which will lower the effective color temp (what you see). I think that 4300k is the color of the sun and the brightest. The farther you get from 4300, the less effective the light will be [lumens per Watt].

6000 will show some blue and a little pure white. 4000 will have some yellow. Above 6k and it will start to get into the purple range.

6000 with a lot of curved glass in the lens will be similar to my 5000's due to refraction shortening the wavelength of the light.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Do you have any pics by chance?

My actual lens is pretty curved...hmmm.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:50 PM

Curved isn't a huge problem as long as it is consistant and not too thick..... curved with varying or too much thickness will cause refraction. If you can see clearly through it without much distortion or magnification, it won't change the color output.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID's in my projectors...