Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HIDS and Projectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Google Elegante by TYC or Anzo, they have company websites with products, they're hard to find lefit TYC or Anzo ones on eBay though.

I still think eBay projectors (this covers any projector light that is not OEM) are rice and junk.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM

soo... i've been looking into things.. and the elegante by TYC projectors for the 6th gens look pretty nice... when i first saw them.. i was like.. eww those are ugly.. and the anzo's aren't much better appeal wise... but i found a pic of an accord with the TYC's installed.. just happens to be a sedan that's the same color as my accord and the black TYC's.. and actually.. they look pretty nice.. seeing a pic of the lights and a pic of them IN the car makes the difference for me.

the junk ebay projectors that i posted before are nice looking.. but that's about it from what i've gathered.. the TYC's have true glass projectors and are SAE/DOT approved from what i dug up.. and they are really growing on me looks wise..

if i get them off ebay they are like 73 dollars more than the original ones i was looking at.. anywhere else is INSANE price wise.. (at least anywhere i found) i checked TYC's site and the ebay ones i found are identical so i'd assume they are actually TYC..

even from ebay the TYC's are a lot of money for me to drop on headlights especially in my current financial situation.. so i can't say for sure i'm going to do it..

i guess in a sense i could.. i was looking at possibly getting a set of headlights AND tail lights off ebay before.. and the total of both would be MORE than the TYC headlights alone off ebay..

my stock tail lights are kinda growing on me and i could always just get some of those smoked covers for them..

the TYC lights are closer to a high end luxury car style projector headlight than any others i've looked at, and like i said.. in the car pic made the difference for me..

well.. i'll keep you guys updated i guess.. stock or TYC's is the main decision right now.. i may just forget it and spend a weekend turning my stocks into black housed and save all that money for something more important..

Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM

if its an option for you, a retrofit would look and perform the best.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 PM

^oooo retrofits are nice!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 AM

^Yes,yes they are...worth every penny.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:12 PM

too bad it costs so many pennys lol

Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 PM

haha you aren't kidding!

so i looked into it some more.. and now I'm COMPLETELY SOLD on doing a retrofit for performance and looks... the beam pattern and light output of a TRUE HID system is phenominal! i was drooling over the pics i scrounged up of retrofits people have done...

i like the TYC headlights a lot for visuals though.. i think for now due to my limited budget i'm gonna pick up a set of TYC's in the somewhat near future and put some 35W H1 HID's in them from DDM just for now... but later down the road pick up some TRUE projectors (maybe E46's) and do a retrofit to the TYC housings.. to keep the looks and also not modify my OEM's ... i'm wierd about modifying genuine parts.. don't ask lol.

but yeah.. cost wise it's not anywhere near in my budget for a retro... so that's on a back burner(way back) for now.. but it will eventually happen..

next on the list of mods is Rims/tires, Window Tint, Vent Visors, fog lights, Tail lights(still not sure what i'm doing there.. maybe just tinted covers or spray tint on a set of OEM's), and maybe.. and i mean MAYBE... lowering it a little bit..

also.. those are NOT going to happen in that order.. trust me lol.. budget controls everything. :P

Old 04-18-2009, 12:04 AM

Acura TSX lenses have the best light output/pattern/cutoff for the price. You can put E46 shrounds on them as well. I haven't heard many good things about projectors other than Acura/Honda/Lexus/Nissan/Infiniti. You DIY them under $300 (like me) or pay the $600-800 to have Rich do them.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:38 AM

sweet thanks for the input.. i was gonna say TSX's but the E46's seem to be more popular from what i gathered..

as i said though not in my budget now.. so TYC's and DDM HID kit is the way to go for me money wise.. then i'll throw some TSX projectors in the TYC housings later on.

would you recommend me getting good Phillips ballasts for the TSX's when i do get around to it or would the DDM ballasts be fine.. i'm kind of a self proclaimed wiring guru so i have no problem splicing into them if they'll work..

and i thought you were running HID's in OEM housings finch ?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:02 AM

A lot of people who get retros run Matsush!ta (Panasonic) OEM ballasts with Phillips D2S OEM 4300K bulbs... personally, I'm going to run my DDM ballasts with their 6000K D2S bulbs.

And yes, I have 6000K HIDs in my stock housings (for now), my G35 bi-xenon retro will be done this summer at least.

Quick Reply: HIDS and Projectors ?