Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

How to convert dashlights to blue LED?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default How to convert dashlights to blue LED?

Hello everyone! I noticed there is a sticky on how to convert your cluster lights for 98 accords, but I'm not sure if it's the same for a 97. I would like to convert all the dashlights, dials, etc to blue LEDs! Is this gonna be something expensive to do? If not, how do I go about doing this? Thanks!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 97 accord led's dashcluster, etc

i was wondering the same exact thing?? i need to figure out if the bulb sizes are the same?? so, if you hear anything please help me out?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I found this website that sells custom fit LED bulbs. I may just order some from them!

superbrightleds.com/vehicle_led_bulb_finder.php

Last edited by g22cd5; 12-19-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks, i'm gonna check them out right now. i appreciate it.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

that website was pretty good, but from the info i gathered, the bulb sizes for the 98 are the same as the 97 accord. so, i just grabbed the bulb sizes i read in the sticky note, i'll be ordering them this week so as soon as i get them i'll post pics and keep you posted...

Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by sreddy
that website was pretty good, but from the info i gathered, the bulb sizes for the 98 are the same as the 97 accord. so, i just grabbed the bulb sizes i read in the sticky note, i'll be ordering them this week so as soon as i get them i'll post pics and keep you posted...
Alright sounds good. You'll definitely get yours done before me. I'll be ordering mine on my next paycheck! ^_^ Just keep me update and let me know if the bulbs fit correctly, thanks.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I did some research today to make sure when I order my bulbs that I get the right ones. According to what I found, my dome light is a DE3175, my map lights are DE3022, and my door lights are DE3021. I'm confused because it's saying the dome light and door lights should be the same size bulb, but they're not. I popped out the bulbs and the door lights are smaller. What gives?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Idk, but the door light and door lights are the last thing i'd be worried about! Just cause they're so easy to get too. But, in all the research I did, the part numbers you came across, were numbers i've never seen or heard, where did you see that?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Newest Of Newbies

hey, go to it's a little bit more expensive and i do mean just a lil more, but you put in the year of the car and it will give you exactly what you need. no, thought involved. i actually ordered white gauges with a new dimmer switch and color change switch from blue to green and with the led conversion it should give me the look i'm going for! i'm actually going to wait until i have everything i need for my project before i start.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by sreddy
hey, go to LEDautomotive.com it's a little bit more expensive and i do mean just a lil more, but you put in the year of the car and it will give you exactly what you need. no, thought involved. i actually ordered white gauges with a new dimmer switch and color change switch from blue to green and with the led conversion it should give me the look i'm going for! i'm actually going to wait until i have everything i need for my project before i start.
Dude that website is way better than the one I was gonna order from. Thanks for sharing! When I get some extra money I'm gonna drop at least $100 on LEDs from them lol. I always choose the easiest way to do things :P

Quick Reply: How to convert dashlights to blue LED?