Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I hate chrome...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default I hate chrome...

I really strongly dislike chrome. I know lots of people just love it and that's fine, but it's not for me.

so anyway.... I'd like to get rid of the chrome door handles on my Accord.
Has anybody here done this?
How much of a pain in the *** is it?
Can anybody provide a ballpark price on what the painted handles would cost?

Also, those emblems on the back gotta go. I'm assuming the "Accord" and "V6" emblems are just double-sided tape, but is the Honda emblem riveted?

Anybody know what's under the chrome window trim? I don't want to even try taking it off if it's just going to look like the car was vandalized.

I think I'm stuck with the grill...

TIA!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Xylob
I really strongly dislike chrome. I know lots of people just love it and that's fine, but it's not for me.

so anyway.... I'd like to get rid of the chrome door handles on my Accord.
Has anybody here done this?
How much of a pain in the *** is it?
Can anybody provide a ballpark price on what the painted handles would cost?

Also, those emblems on the back gotta go. I'm assuming the "Accord" and "V6" emblems are just double-sided tape, but is the Honda emblem riveted?

Anybody know what's under the chrome window trim? I don't want to even try taking it off if it's just going to look like the car was vandalized.

I think I'm stuck with the grill...

TIA!
I hate chrome to lol the Honda is the only one with holes. I wouldnt take the chrome trim off...just get it painted black...and the grill you can replace with an aftermarket one but its a pain in the *** to do it yourself...but it will be cheaper lol

Old 06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I got the Accord and V6 off with no problems at all.
then I noticed that the dealership did a horrible job getting the dealer badge off (they transferred in from another dealer) - lazy bastards...

I suppose the chrome around the windows isn't too terrible, and it certainly won't be worth all the time and effort to get rid of it.
Got some part numbers and prices for the painted handles - $25 a piece which isn't too bad. But actually doing it will probably be a huge pain in the ***, especially dealing with the locks in the front handles.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Xylob
I got the Accord and V6 off with no problems at all.
then I noticed that the dealership did a horrible job getting the dealer badge off (they transferred in from another dealer) - lazy bastards...

I suppose the chrome around the windows isn't too terrible, and it certainly won't be worth all the time and effort to get rid of it.
Got some part numbers and prices for the painted handles - $25 a piece which isn't too bad. But actually doing it will probably be a huge pain in the ***, especially dealing with the locks in the front handles.
Yea that's not bad at all. Its going to cost me $60 for my two door handles.to be wrapped in carbon fiber. And I wouldnt do it myself...I don't trust myself with painting lol