Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 PM
eddieq19
Unregistered
Default I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Here it go i just got a 90 honda accord. only problem i got is that around the wheel well is rusted i need opinion on what i should do to fix this issue?the rust is pretty bad it rusted trought there a hole so thanks ahead for your help.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Default RE: I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

How bad is the rust? You can sand it down and paint it if it's only minor. If it's quite bad, a new quarter panel isn't that much (maybe 80 - 120 bucks??).

Whatever you do, good luck matching the paint!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:00 AM

Is it front fender or rear quarter panel? If its front, geez get on ebay and get a fender. If its quarter panel, well go down to the junk yard, cut one off and take it to a body shop, or do it yourself if you are handy, I love cars but I've never learned to do body work, I wish I have and still plan on doing it but haven't had the time or the money to learn yet.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i would just get a new panel...but if your a hellva good body man, just plasma cut off the rusted part, tack weld on the new part of the panel in one inch increments.....then pull out your tig welder and weld each one inch interval on alternating sides so you dont warp the metal. so weld the left first one inch then weld the right first one inch. then grind it nice and smooth then figure out how to get the paint matched

Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM

another option on the wheel wells is to cut out the rust, then run a small/thin piece in line/flat with the inner lip of your fender well (where the plastic fender well skirt attaches) and take some window screen and attach it to the inside of the fender and the new metal piece you have. Take some bondo and apply a thin layer to give it some strength, let it dry and throw on some more, build it up a SMALL fraction thicker than your desired thickness and start sanding it down so it gives a nice smooth finish that matches the rest of the fender and get it painted.