Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I need help on prjector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Default I need help on prjector headlights

so yea, im about to buy some projector headlights off of ebay but I dont know if they come with the light bulbs. If they dont, can someone please tell me which ones work and look great on the headlights? can i keep my stock lightbulbs? I really need to know as soon as possible cause I am very anxcious to buy them. OH and I also need to make sure that the lightbulbs are legal in Virginia so if anyone knows about that please help me. THANKS

Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Default RE: I need help on prjector headlights

read the ebay add carefully. If it doesn't mention any light bulbs, I wouldn't count on it coming with any. also, does it mention a new wire harness? If it changes the wire harness you probably won't be able to use stock bulbs.

If you could post the link to the ad here, I'm sure we could give you more help.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...26222575QQrdZ1

Theres the Link. If it doesn't come with lightbulbs, do you think you can tell me which lights would look great on it. Colored headlights are illegal here in Virginia so count those out. Im sure that halogen lights ARE legal because I see that a lot of the new cars have those. if new cars DONT have halogen lights, then what do they have? its the bluish looking ones. the ones that are on most new acura TLs. so yea HELP ME!!! THANKS

Old 09-09-2006, 03:37 AM

I think but not very sure alot of newer high end cars - especially if they have projectors - have factory HID headlight units already installed. Hid kits are much more expensive than regualr halogen bulbs or "xenon" bulbs you can get at autozone but they are bright. HID bulbs do come in colors but you can get them in regualr white. If you ever planb on gettin them though, not all projectors work with HID so you might want to check on that. If youre not really all that deep pocketed and dunt like the yellow stock headlights you can jsut settle for some Hyperwhite xenon bulbs that usually run for like 15 bucks on ebay. Hope that helps in any way.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:03 PM

for tail lights im going with these http://www.migicute.com/tychdac0305btl.html they are so damn expensive thou, so im gonna see if i can find something on Ebay. but these look better than all the ones out there.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:34 PM

Fenix, before I bought my cheap intake from ebay, I read a lot of sellers feedback. I guess a lot of those lights cause a lot of problems like: doesn't fit, have to re-wire the assembly, it fills up like a fish tank when it rains etc. Sometimes the lights for the same make and model would fit one and not the other, quality issue. If you go to ebay I would look for name brand stuff and not the cheap lights. Just a word of warning.