Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Installing fiberglass bodykit question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Default Installing fiberglass bodykit question

Hello,
First I would like to appologize if I have posted this in the wrong section. I have a 2001 Accord EX V-6 coupe. I was involved in an accident which damaged the front bumper, fenders and hood. Due to being a poor college student I chose the more cost effective route of purschasing a aftermarket fiberglass body kit with hood and fenders, all parts were made by Extreme Dimensions. However in my area most body shops are reluctant at best to entertain installing it for me and the few talk are willing don't seem to know much more about it than I do. My question is if there is a book or a source that could be recommended? So that in the event I have to install the kit myself I could at least run a marginal chance of not screwing it up. Most of my questions revolve around the best way to acheive proper fitment as when I was testing the fit of the fenders some of the angles seem a little off. Thank you for your time.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Check the kit manufacturer's website for guidance. Next would be to get a Honda shop manual for your vehicle. I would guess the same fastener points are used for fenders, and perhaps bumper as well.

good luck