Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Keyed car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 PM
DaMeSPaCio
Unregistered
Default Keyed car!

Hey guys,

I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is where I should've posted this. If this is the wrong sections, I apologize.

I have a 2007 Honda Accord Coupe in Graphite (bluish gray).

Two days ago, SomeF*!#INGA$$HOLE keyedmy car for who the hell knows what reason. The scratch is fromthe right rear 1/4 panel to the middle of the passenger door. My question to you guys is, is there anyway that I can fix it myself? Please keep in mind that I'm not a mechanic and dont have any of those auto paint tools. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was going to be at least $750 to fix. I was like "Does that come with a hooker to give me head for 30 days?" It's freaking ridiculous.. I mean I can live with the scratch, but it just makes my car look ridiculous.. and now that I know it's there, I feel like everyones looking at it as I drive by.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, is there anyway that I can fix it myself without having to spend an arm and a leg? I'm not trying to go through the insurance company cause my deductible is $500.

Thanks for your replies in advance! =)

-Hector

Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Keyed car!

could buy touche up paint, but it would still be noticeable, esp if you know what your looking for.

$750 for a scratch is rediculous, as i'm paying less than that to get my entire car painted.

try bringing it to a body shop and see what they quote you, i would think you could find a body shop that would fix it for a couple hundred.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM

what you do is have a friend key your car..racial slurs, the whole nine yards. then when you wake up in the morning, too your surprise, you find your car keyed. Call the cops, make a report. make sure the whole car is keyed lol then assuming you have a friend or know someone that knows someone who paints...talk to them. have them repaint your car. But rather then paint it the original color, paint it whatever color you want! Custom paint job for only $500!

haha jk

my buddy, her neighbor just bought a brand new Lexus RX 330 and the next day, they woke up, then went outside and the entire car was keyed all around. Flower designs were keyed into the car. clever. but mean.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: tnguyen600
my buddy, her neighbor just bought a brand new Lexus RX 330 and the next day, they woke up, then went outside and the entire car was keyed all around. Flower designs were keyed into the car. cleaver. but mean.
you have no idea how pissed i would be..............thank god my accord is kept in the garage

Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM

you would get shot here pulling stunts like that

Old 06-07-2008, 02:03 AM

You could, if the scratch is not deep, buy some rubbing compound at a local auto store. With this, all you have to do is get a 100% cotton towel, dab some of the compound on there, rub it on the scratch and wipe it down. It rubs the scratch right off. Leaves no residue.
But, if the scratch is deep, which I'm guessing it might be, then you might be out of luck.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 PM

Touch up paint from honda, and a razor blade. Fill in the scratches with the touch-up paint, and then slide the razor blade CAREFULLY over the scratch to scrap up the excess paint that isn't even with the other parts of the door.

Worse-case scenario, you'll have to buff it.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 AM

I feel your pain. Some BUTT HEAD scratched "JJ" by my gas tank. I used touch up paint and I have to look pretty hard to see it.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:57 PM

you should try to find some type of a filler, it looks like lip-stick i think. use that to even out the scratch then paint over it w/ touchup paint. good lucky!

Last edited by mechanic; 06-17-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Holy two year bump, Batman.

Quick Reply: Keyed car!