Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

L.E.D. tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Default L.E.D. tail lights

How many members would be interested in having L.E.D. tail lights? I know there are a few kits out there for specific model/year Accords, but not all of them. I've been trying to contact various websites of stores that sell them, asking for contact information for the companies that make them. I'm trying to get the word out to these companies to add certain model/year vehicles. Probably the best way for them to make that decision is if they heard from more than just one person...

So, if you guys and gals have any interest, let me know, so I can try to coordinate some information. Again, the best way to get these items available is to let these companies know there is a need.

Steve

Old 03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Default RE: L.E.D. tail lights

IM IN.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Good luck with this..
I tried this with a 2700 member Avenger site where I had checks in hand for 100 sets of Clear Altezzas and they wouldn't go along with the program...TYC Genera was the company..and they even make the OEM lights for the car.They said the cost outweighed the amount of sales I had.

This is No Bull either..I'm one of their Distributors...LOL

WheelBrokerAng[sm=bling.gif]

Old 03-05-2006, 06:19 PM

Yeah, it does seem like they wouldn't do something unless it raked in some serious cash. Another alternative is replacing the light bulbs in the tail light assembly with L.E.D. substitutes. I found them at : http://www.superbrightleds.com/ , so now all I need to do is find a tail light assembly I'm happy with. Unfortunately, there aren't many varieties out there, maybe a total of four. It's the middle section that seems to kill it for that model. The other models seem to have a little better selection because they only have the corners. Either way, it's probably me just whining! Thanks for the heads-up 'Wheel', it would save me the anguish of beating my head up against a few distributors and/or manufactures.

Steve

Old 03-17-2006, 02:48 AM

Steve,
I was also spending some time searching for led tailights since 06 have them LED as stock. I have on 05. I found some on Ebay but these are only for coupes not sedans. Grrrrrr...I think I would just look for led bulbs and change them in my tail housings and get over it. I just don't know which ones should I look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:02 AM

2005?, dude, you're lucky. It seems like anything older than a few years won't get the attention. Although, the '94-'95 (I think) get the LED treatment. Weird, but who knows, it could be that there were a HUGE number Accords that were produced, and later on, modified. It could have been because a number of people who modified those Accords got together and convinced manufactures to make them.

It might be neat to get Forum Members to try out products and post the results. I'm sure it's done in a passive way. "I got _____ and it's great!", or "Don't even go near _____'s products, they suck!".

I haven't submitted anything about my vehicle yet, but when I do, I'll try something like that. I try to be as thorough as possible, even to the point of being pretty ****. Hope I can use that word !

Anyways, good luck with the looking around for the lights. That's half the fun [:-]!

StevePhy

Old 03-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Even though I like how efficent LED's are they just dont seem to settle right with me on most cars. Other then the fact that I've had to deal with being behind a few impala's with them, and being blinded...... I dont want to blind people in front and behind me..... even though I got the high intensity bulbs so i could actually see the road when i drove at night, I dont really see the advantage to having LED tail lights. Even though they have a 50000 hour per LED life time, when one goes out, it doesnt look right, and if you dont want to deal with that fact you have to buy a whole new tail light.

Side note, that 50000 hour is an average, ive seen some last longer, and ive seen some burn out in a 1000, has nothing to do with quality(for the most part) a lot of that ends up being a random factor

Old 03-18-2006, 01:25 PM

The only experiences I've had with LED tail lights are from OEM versions. I don't think that I've actually seen any aftermarket. Usually it's an Infiniti, or another luxury brand vehicle. I'm pretty sure that those have been engineered to behave in a favorable way towards other drivers. When I do get to buying items for the exterior of my car, I'll try getting one bulb (whatever you call LED lights), and try it out - see the difference. I happen to like the look of the OEM kinds of tail lights, if I can replicate that, I will.

StevePhy

Old 03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I dont think what you are thinking of is right, led tail lights are multiple little lights, not a bulb i hope this is a good example.... at least if im miss reading what you typed... http://www.coolights.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=580

Old 03-20-2006, 12:26 AM

Actually, if you go to the link on post #4, you can see the lights that I'm referring to.

Something like this:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

I'm assuming that these are replacements for turn signals and brake lights.

I like the idea of having something like the 'OEM-look'.

StevePhy

P.S. Yeah Marbro, that's what I'd like to have, but can't seem to find it.

Oh well, I'll keep looking, or come up with something else. [&:]

Quick Reply: L.E.D. tail lights