Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

LED rods (Instaling this sunday)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Default LED rods (Instaling this sunday)

Last weekend i was in Philly helping a friend instal some rods under his car. We were mounting one of the side rods and while drilling through the underside we punched through some wires and grounded the car. When we tried to start his car it wouldnt even attempt to turn over. What i want to know is while im mounting these rods will i do the same? Is there a bundle of wires that run down the sides of the car? I have a haynes repair manual, and i know it has wiring schematics in it, but does it show where the wires are? Thanks in advance fellas. pics to followwhich includes the front grille andexhaust systemafter i finish the job.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Default RE: LED rods (Instaling this sunday)

Unless you get a hold of the service manuals dealerships use, you are unlikely to find any schematics that will show you were the wiring harnesses are. The best thing I could tell you is to simply visually verify yourself before drilling any where. That's a good idea wiring schematics in hand or not. Never drill, punch, or make any modifications without knowing if you will damage or interfere with any other part on the vehicle.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Default RE: LED rods (Instaling this sunday)

alright thanks, ill look around before i get drill happy :P i was too tired last night after instaling vista to do much of anything