Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Looking for true *BLUE* headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:32 PM
sunspotuser
Unregistered
Default Looking for true *BLUE* headlight bulbs

I'm looking for a pair of really blue-looking 9006 headlight bulbs (stock headlights). I had a pair in 2002, but they blew out within a year, and I followed up by buying a pair of Euro Dezigns bulbs. They blow out once a year, I get a new pair from the warranty, life goes on. However, although the ED bulbs look very nice, classy, and are bright white (not HID white or anything, they are just Xenon bulbs after all), I much preferred the blue look of the bulbs I had purchased back in '02 and am looking to find another pair. I don't care about the brand, and want the cost to remain less than $30 (including shipping if possible).

I've tried ebay-bulbs in the middle, and none of them seem to actually be blue (though they love to claim that, they always turn out to be white, usually shoddier than the EDezigns). Also, the Sylvania brand sold in stores as "Cool Blue" or whatever are NOT blue, they are actually much more dull than the EDezigns bulbs (though I suspect they might last longer). That part is just annoying because Sylvania is a MAJOR bulbs manufacturer and it sucks that they getting away with lying like that. Cool blue, my ***. Anyhow that's my bulb story and my question remains: can anyone point me to stock-headlight bulbs that cost less than $30 that are *ACTUALLY BLUE*?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: Looking for true *BLUE* headlight bulbs

well, my input is, all those bulbs you went through already, why dont you just get some HIDs? then you dont have to worry about getting them burned out! and i think the 6000k or 8000k makes a bluish light, i forgot which one, but they look nice enough

Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
sunspotuser
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply! Quick point - The EuroDezigns warranty charges $7 for a pair of replacement bulbs. Over the past few years, I have spent less than $60 on bulbs, and the number is only that high because I bought the stupid Sylvania bulbs because they claimed to be blue and were from a brand I (no longer) trust. Also, at the moment, I unfortunately can't afford to spend more than $30 on bulbs, and that number only works for REALLY blue bulbs. Based on my estimates of HID kits, etc. I can't afford those right now.

The ebay bulbs were purchased by friends/acquaintances.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
accordlovee
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sunspotuser

I'm looking for a pair of really blue-looking 9006 headlight bulbs (stock headlights). I had a pair in 2002, but they blew out within a year, and I followed up by buying a pair of Euro Dezigns bulbs. They blow out once a year, I get a new pair from the warranty, life goes on. However, although the ED bulbs look very nice, classy, and are bright white (not HID white or anything, they are just Xenon bulbs after all), I much preferred the blue look of the bulbs I had purchased back in '02 and am looking to find another pair. I don't care about the brand, and want the cost to remain less than $30 (including shipping if possible).

I've tried ebay-bulbs in the middle, and none of them seem to actually be blue (though they love to claim that, they always turn out to be white, usually shoddier than the EDezigns). Also, the Sylvania brand sold in stores as "Cool Blue" or whatever are NOT blue, they are actually much more dull than the EDezigns bulbs (though I suspect they might last longer). That part is just annoying because Sylvania is a MAJOR bulbs manufacturer and it sucks that they getting away with lying like that. Cool blue, my ***. Anyhow that's my bulb story and my question remains: can anyone point me to stock-headlight bulbs that cost less than $30 that are *ACTUALLY BLUE*?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
look for the bulbs with the blue tip on the bulb, they are the cheapest and look blue..cost about 25 but they really look blue

Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
sunspotuser
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: accordlovee

look for the bulbs with the blue tip on the bulb, they are the cheapest and look blue..cost about 25 but they really look blue
Thanks for the tip - but can you point to anyone/a store that sells them? I'm hoping for a specific product recommendation.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 PM

sup sunspotuser,
you still looking for the bulbs?
i got a friend with a pair of diamond blue xenon plasma (9006).
it's still new cuz he was gonna put them on but ended up getting and HID kit.
he spent like 40 but i can probably get them to you around 30.
intrested??

email me at itz.davee@gmail.com or just pm me.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:20 PM

I have a pair of eurodezign 8500k xenon/kryptons very blue bulb used less 1 month for $16,Paid $24 for them...

Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 AM

if you looked at the box it shows on the back the color of the bulbs hitting the street for the cool blue bulbs and they are white they say on the package that they are white so read before you buy and don't dis a very good light company because you misinterpret the label

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Let me know if this is blue enough for ya... 10K H.I.D. kit on my 07 Caliber

[IMG]local://upfiles/15058/99B8E8FB111B492AA59CBCCCD4B2671E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Also, if you cant afford aH.I.D. kit. there is these light that are really good. go to http://www.eurolamps.com/get the Blue/Gold type. you wont be sorry. In the picture, the passenger side headlight has the Blue/Gold, and the drivers side has a hyper white bulb. (for comparison) My old 95 Civic HB

[IMG]local://upfiles/15058/0BDB308DC13F4174B5BBADCD5F50EECE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Looking for true *BLUE* headlight bulbs