Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

I like the Accord decal. Look in my pics, and youll see mine. I had it on, then I hit it with an ice scraper a few times so I had to take it off. Ill eventually get another one if they put anymore on ebay.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Haha, looking at your car with the decal is like looking at a preview of mine. Our cars are both exactly the same stock right down to the paint color. I also like your grill. Did it come with the Type R logo or did you have to order it? Also, your ACCORD decal is white, right?

Old 10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol That is funny!

Yeah, the grill came with the Type R, but it is a stick on emblem, so you can choose whether or not to put it on. The grill comes in two pieces, the outer plastic, and then the actual grill mesh which required some cutting, but it wasnt a problem at all. They are about $35 shipped on ebay. Nope, the decal I had was silver. I think it goes well with the maroon. I have two AEM and Apexi decals on the side of the car, about the black stripe along the door near the front wheel and I really like how it looks. Lemme know if you want a pic. The pics also dont show my projector headlights, and I custom painted my altezzas so they are black but have a chrome ring which I love and am proud of[8D]! lol
Heres the links actually...
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_71724/tm.htm
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_61237/tm.htm

Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM

you say how much you dont like rice, but i dont really think you know what it is. basically, rice it form over function. take that hood scoop you want. is it functional? no, not at all, nor will it ever be. clear taillights? full body kit? suicide doors? dear lord! not to mention your shiny interior list. everyone has their taste, but theyre gonna laugh at you if you say that and get those mods. im just sayin, if you want rice, cool get it, but it sounds like youre contradicting yourself.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

x2 ^^^ ...... pod guages and no turbo or nitrous? [size=5] RICE!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

my favorite saying

"some cars were meant to go fast, some where meant to look like they go fast"

Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

you say how much you dont like rice, but i dont really think you know what it is. basically, rice it form over function. take that hood scoop you want. is it functional? no, not at all, nor will it ever be. clear taillights? full body kit? suicide doors? dear lord! not to mention your shiny interior list. everyone has their taste, but theyre gonna laugh at you if you say that and get those mods. im just sayin, if you want rice, cool get it, but it sounds like youre contradicting yourself.

X's 3 on the whole list

if you want to really stand out in a crowd....dump half your wish list there....be tasteful in your mods

I was gonna say, the bodykits look cheap and cheesy no matter what, interior lighting is ok, if done tasteful but for gods sak, not neon...get some LEDs instead. while I can appreciate a nice hood (carbon fire) which does result in less weight, although you really need to shop to find a true carbon fiber hood and not just a overlay.

springs, shocks or coilovers, engine and then some nice paint and some cleaning up on the interior will get you more results than the lis you had.

in fact, I just saw a eclipse yesterday that has all that done to it, I laughed at it at first, SMOOOOOKED it in a 07 Durango...laughed even more seeing asi was cruising a SUV loaded with 3 sets of toolbags, 3 guys and 10,000 feet of cable....now that's sad.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM

No, I want my car to look good, not stock, but I don't want it to look ****ty. I do want a functional hoodscoop eventually. I know that rice can be a waste of money, but it's my money. Whatever I buy will be of a good quality. I'm not gonna be one of those stereotypes where people think that all I have is a rice car with nothing under the hood. But yeah, thanks for your input though!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Dude, how you mod your car is up to you. Remember you do it like you want because you like it...no matter what you do, not everyone will like it.

If I saw an Accord with suicide doors I think that would be awesome! And some of those body kits out there are nice to...I'd get one if I had more money. As for the pods, its not rice at all. I have a triple pillar with 3 gauges in them, voltage, oil temp, and oil pressure. Wow..... Last time I checked, you dont have to have a exhaust temp, voltage, or oil temp gauge...etc for a turbo. They can help prevent a major failure and its good to know oil temp and pressure. Saying something is rice, when it could save your car is stupid. As for the hood scoop, half of the cars that come from the facotry with them are fake. If people laugh at it, just cut out the plastic grill assuming it has one.

Also, there isnt one definition of rice. Rice may be the car, or it can be the person who owns the car.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

What do you plan for the "function" of the hood scoop other than to hurt aerodynamics? Nobody here has any problem with spending your money on what you like or any of the ideas that you've presented. The problem is here:

ORIGINAL: Antarctica

... while maintaing a pimped out, but not riced out, look.

LATER ON ......

I know that rice can be a waste of money, but it's my money.

You are contradicting yourself!

Quick Reply: Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior