Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/modding-help-both-interior-exterior-13032/)

Antarctica 10-08-2007 05:53 PM

RE: Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

Hey Velocifero I really like your car. I looked at your mod list. I have a few questions. Where can I get the Accord SiR tach, bezel, and cover like yours and other SiR products? Also, I've been wondering, above the radio are two buttons. One is the hazard lights button. What is the other one and what is its function? All mine has is just a cover. I'd really like to know that. Thanks.

falkore24 10-08-2007 05:58 PM

very little but it will lower the temp under the hood a few degrees. Are all V2's SRI? My bro was looking at one yesterday and every add said that it is a CAI. You have it so I'm sure that you are right, just wondering if they are all SRI and the ads that he found were wrong.

Antarctica 10-08-2007 08:51 PM

My friend gave me his V2. It gets its air from under the hood, not out by the exhaust. Here's a quote from the AEM website: "AEM’s V2 intake systems use a patented dual chamber design to produce the most power and torque of any other intake system available—even our own Cold Air systems." Well, the V2 intake is made from aluminum, but mine is made from plastic. Reading that makes me think that I might have a fake unless it's one of the V2 intakes from an early production. I don't know, but now I want to get a new V2 in the red color to match my car.. If I do get a hood with an air vent, then colder air should come under the hood and into the intake and somewhat increase performance, right?

Antarctica 10-08-2007 08:59 PM

Umm, I'm curious. Where can I find pics of the Mugen full kits, not just the lip kits?

Velocifero 10-08-2007 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Antarctica

Hey Velocifero I really like your car. I looked at your mod list. I have a few questions. Where can I get the Accord SiR tach, bezel, and cover like yours and other SiR products? Also, I've been wondering, above the radio are two buttons. One is the hazard lights button. What is the other one and what is its function? All mine has is just a cover. I'd really like to know that. Thanks.
thanks. i bought the whole SiR cluster and swapped those parts over to my cluster. i bought it off a friend on a different forum. the front side markers, front bumper lights, rear "Accord" garnish, were from ebay. the headlights from a friend on another forum. the SiR badge from www.jdmland.com. the window visors from ebay, the fog lights are oem replica (much cheaper) from ebay. Mugen lip kit ebay, Mugen replica grill ebay. dang lotta ebay.

the button you are referring to is the OEM fog light switch.

Velocifero 10-08-2007 10:04 PM

Umm, I'm curious. Where can I find pics of the Mugen full kits, not just the lip kits?
[IMG]local://upfiles/6381/75661B39A1C6441B88C1D98E671B668B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6381/D13E6948865C493CA75CCA0B9270CEEA.jpg[/IMG]

Antarctica 10-09-2007 12:11 PM

Hey thanks Velocifero. I really like the kit. It looks stockish with a few very nice subtle changes. It said the kit is for the 94-96 Accord, but I think it'll still work for the 97 Accord.

Velocifero 10-09-2007 04:54 PM

Hey thanks Velocifero. I really like the kit. It looks stockish with a few very nice subtle changes. It said the kit is for the 94-96 Accord, but I think it'll still work for the 97 Accord.
yeah i dunno why it says that.