Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Default Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

I bought my 97 Accord LX several months back. The previous owner kept it in good shape. A friend of mine had an Accord with pretty good performance, but it looked somewhat like rice. When I bought my Accord, he got me into tuning it. He's somewhat gullible and overrates his parts, so I really don't want to listen to him. My plan for my car is to give the car good performance--headers, intake, exhaust, H22A engine, turbo--while maintaing a pimped out, but not riced out, look. I know some people dislike that major exterior and interior mods, but this is my car, and I'm the one driving it and have to look at it everyday. Anyway, I'm kinda indecisive on what I should do, and I also don't have many sources to start with, so I am hoping that you guys can help me get on the right track and stay away from bad parts. I do have a few ideas, so I'm listing them below.

Exterior Modifications
- Full body kit (nothing cheap, good material)
- Hood with builtin hoodscoop (not like the stick-on hoodscoop that I have right now)
- Rear spoiler (nothing too big like a "grocery cart spoiler")
- Halo projector headlights with black background
- Euro tail lights with black background
- White windshield decal that says ACCORD
- Weatherguard strips for all four doors and the sunroof
- Suicided rear doors
- 17-inch racing rims with low profile, low tread tires
* I ordered a black JDM grill, but it hasn't come in yet.

Interior Modifications
- Racing seats, black, leather
- Racing seat belts
- Racing pedals or covers
- Short shift kit (not the adapter)
- Racing steering wheel
- Gauge pods and gauges
- Chrome and carbon fiber trim kits
- A really good stereo system. I may go JVC stereo and Kicker speakers
- Subtle neon intereior lighting

Engine Modifications
* I already have the AEM V2 intake and upgraded my plugs and wires.
- H22A (a must!)
- Headers (any suggestions? OBX?)
- Exhaust (any suggestions other than APEXi WS2 or Magnaflow?)
- Torque converter upgrade (Should I?)
* I'm looking to get as much horsepower out of this car as I can.

Those are just some of the ideas I have, and I am welcome to any suggestions. I plan to keep this car for a very long time. Eventually I will have a newer car, but I will keep this one as well just to be my toy. Money is not a problem for me because I will save up for whatever part I need if it's worth it. I've tried eBay, but I want some more trusted sources. So, my friends, give me a hand and tell me your suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Default RE: Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior

Exterior:
- Don't add the Accord decal on your windshield, it looks kind of ricey.
- Is your car a coupe or sedan? I say leave your doors the way they are.
- oem spoiler

Interior:
- Not a fan of racing pedals
- Chrome and carbon fiber trim looks tacky

Engine:
- People have said OBX is a good header.
- I'd go with WS2 as the exhaust of choice.
- Turbo!

Suspenion:
- Lowering is a must! (springs + shocks or coilovers)
- Rear sway bar
- Strut bar

Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

I hope you have craploads of money lol

body kit plus paint will prob run you about $1500 at least

h22 is 3k easy

high quality racing seats can go for as much as 3k a piece, but most are 800-1000 a piece for a good name brand.

you say better torque converter, if i were you and wanted to swap in a h22 i would swap in a manual transmission while you are at it.

i also agree that you shouldnt put the accord sticker on the windshield, if you are going to put something on there put a aftermarket companies name, or a car crews name or something.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 AM

^ I wouldnt even put a company's logo. I mean putting a forum decal or a team decal is fine since you're either supporting your team/ forum and you're an active member.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

in order to put on a 4 or 5 point harness dont you need a roll cage?

or are racing seatbelts just aftermarket 3 point seat belts...

Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Hey thanks. Anybody know where I can get some aftermarket hoods? Also, where can I get the gauges and dash for the manual transmission for the H22? I really would like to put a decal on the front windshield. It won't look too ricey because that'll be the only decal on the car. I just want the car to have a good body kit, a hood with a hoodscoop, and a really nice and small aftermarket spoiler. Oh, and the header, I read that OBX is good, but DC Sports is much better. Am I right on that? Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming. Tell me what you've done to your Accord. I want to eventually be able to put my best friend to shame in a race. He thinks he's all that since he got his '04 Mustang V6 AT. I can keep up with him, but I eventually want to smoke his ***, especially with a H22 and manual transmission. Oh, and if any of you know, how do the 5th generation Accords hold up against the '04 V6 Mustangs? Just curious.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Antarctica

Hey thanks. Anybody know where I can get some aftermarket hoods? Also, where can I get the gauges and dash for the manual transmission for the H22? I really would like to put a decal on the front windshield. It won't look too ricey because that'll be the only decal on the car. I just want the car to have a good body kit, a hood with a hoodscoop, and a really nice and small aftermarket spoiler. Oh, and the header, I read that OBX is good, but DC Sports is much better. Am I right on that? Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming. Tell me what you've done to your Accord. I want to eventually be able to put my best friend to shame in a race. He thinks he's all that since he got his '04 Mustang V6 AT. I can keep up with him, but I eventually want to smoke his ***, especially with a H22 and manual transmission. Oh, and if any of you know, how do the 5th generation Accords hold up against the '04 V6 Mustangs? Just curious.
I would say if the accord had a manual tranny it could do pretty good against a v6 mustangs

automatic trannys slow cars down so much

Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah I despise my automatic. At least Honda built it so that I can shift through all 4 gears without an overdrive button. People tell me all the time that I shouldn't manually shift my automatic and that it'll tear up the tranny. I can't wait to get a manual. Which one would you recommend to go along with the H22?

Old 10-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

M2B4 all the way

I have it in my car now(still have the F22B but am swapping in a H22 in not too long

short gear ratios for quick acceleration(highway gas mileage is terrible though)

LSD for better traction and great burnouts lol

Old 10-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds good...

...but i would avoid

the honda decal and the suicide doors.

one of my friends years ago had a bonneville that came with a huge white 'pontiac' deecal on the windshield....for years, we would give him sh*t about it...

"Hey, what kind of car is that?"
(looks at windshield)
"Oh, its a pontiac. I couldnt tell without the 80 pt logo."

Quick Reply: Modding Help, Both Interior and Exterior