Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   my new mugen lip (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/my-new-mugen-lip-18575/)

live2rice 05-22-2008 01:57 PM

my new mugen lip

1 Attachment(s)
finally got my lip after ordering it almost 2 months ago. its the mugen style urethane lip. let me know what you think

Attachment 22553

kevin_nguyen0862 05-22-2008 05:54 PM

RE: my new mugen lip

very nice.. i was actually thinking of getting one for my car also.... are you planing on painting it or leaving it black as is?

live2rice 05-22-2008 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin_nguyen0862

very nice.. i was actually thinking of getting one for my car also.... are you planing on painting it or leaving it black as is?
idk i'm debating it, because i'm going to get a new front bumper because its cracked and dented and scratched etc. so i will need to get that painted so could get the lip painted. But i think i am leaning towards leaving it black

kevin_nguyen0862 05-22-2008 11:25 PM

i think if you leave it black it would stand out a little more... i was planning on doing the same get a mugen lip and slap it on... and put some black eye lids on my headlights.... i seen a guy have it before and it was pretty sweet looking.... but my car is low enough as is and if i put a lip on it i will be scraping it and eventually cracking it lol

j_man_honda 05-23-2008 10:14 PM

I say leave it black, it looks hot

Velocifero 05-23-2008 10:28 PM

Definitely paint it. Looks cheap unpainted.

19Accord97 05-23-2008 11:30 PM

Looks great!

However, painted would look better in my opinion whether it is black or color matching.

Right now it looks faded and dull. I say either give it a good can of spray paint black, or color match it.

19Accord97 05-23-2008 11:31 PM

Oh yeah, I am thinking about a lip kit too.

Mind if I ask how much and where you got it from? How was the install as well? Thanks!

live2rice 05-23-2008 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Oh yeah, I am thinking about a lip kit too.

Mind if I ask how much and where you got it from? How was the install as well? Thanks!
I got it from gen5alive.com and paid $100 plus shipping. fitment is so so, could only use about half the stock mounting locations

19Accord97 05-24-2008 12:15 AM

Did you just use the oem platic screw things that were already there?

There is alot of roadkill where I live and I am afraid that if its night or someone is in front of me I wont have time to switch lanes. And since Accords sit so low already, it will rip the lip off which will probably end up scratching the side of the car.....