Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   my new mugen lip (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/my-new-mugen-lip-18575/)

live2rice 05-24-2008 12:19 AM

RE: my new mugen lip

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Did you just use the oem platic screw things that were already there?

There is alot of roadkill where I live and I am afraid that if its night or someone is in front of me I wont have time to switch lanes. And since Accords sit so low already, it will rip the lip off which will probably end up scratching the side of the car.....
it comes with screws, and i used about half of the stock ones(all the ones that lined up). then i used other means to mount the rest.

i have eibach springs so its lowered like 1.7inches. and the front lip is pretty low now. I can barely fit my shoe under it.

kevin_nguyen0862 05-24-2008 01:09 AM

i know how you feel i could barely go onto my driveway... and if i had a lip i will crack it for sure....still debating....

finch13 05-24-2008 04:52 AM

I would paint it. It stick our like a sore thumb because your car looks so stock. If you stick with the two-tone, I'd go all the way around like blackknights silver on black lips and side skirts.

Velocifero 05-27-2008 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin_nguyen0862

i know how you feel i could barely go onto my driveway... and if i had a lip i will crack it for sure....still debating....
You won't crack a urethane one for sure. The bumper would probably give before the lip.

kahnvict850 05-27-2008 05:25 PM

looking good, i think you can't lose, either way painted or not it looks sweet!!

live2rice 05-27-2008 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: kahnvict850

looking good, i think you can't lose, either way painted or not it looks sweet!!
decided to paint it as i'm getting the whole car painted

kevin_nguyen0862 05-27-2008 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

You won't crack a urethane one for sure. The bumper would probably give before the lip.

oh yeah forgot about that... thanks for the heads up...;)

Velocifero 05-28-2008 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

oh yeah forgot about that... thanks for the heads up...;)

No problemo. I know from experience, like that time I hit that manhole cover. The lip was untouched, but the bumper and everything else was demolished. I still have it unpainted in my garage with the mounting holes already drilled. Maybe I should sell it....

gomarlins3 05-28-2008 08:30 PM

Nice. Now have it painted the body color and it will look awesome!!