Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Need help installing HID 2007 accord EX-L Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Default Need help installing HID 2007 accord EX-L Coupe

So I've been researching about HID's lately and my gf are getting me some because I won a bet. But at this point I do not know which brand or which bulbs are compatible for my car? Also I am still lost if I still do need a projector kit. Whats a resistor and relay?

Please help

Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM

Please conduct a search and research further. This topic has been covered several times.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 PM

for your 2007 accord, you shouldn't need a resistor or relay. I have them on my 06 sedan and haven't had a problem out of them. They are the same ones that were recently on my 01 sedan. Go to google and type in HID kits and that should take you to some websites that have them for sale. I have 8000k in my accord. I wouldn't go any brighter than 10000k because then if you drive down well lit up roads at night it is hard to see the road because the "blue" blends in with the dark pavement. the brand that I have are Race Sport HID's. My brother has AGT HID's in his truck. Let me know if that helps at all.
Also, it's going to be a little difficult with the driver side headlight. I had to take out the battery to give more room.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM

So then will it be the same thing for the High Beams? Because I do have daytime running lights.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 AM

High Beam HID's are pointless. Other than show. If you do want to get it for the High Beams, then you would need resistors and possibly relays. Go to your local audio shop and ask if they would know what is needed.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by mac424
High Beam HID's are pointless. Other than show. If you do want to get it for the High Beams, then you would need resistors and possibly relays. Go to your local audio shop and ask if they would know what is needed.
Not true, just disable DRL's

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by bboyblare
So I've been researching about HID's lately and my gf are getting me some because I won a bet. But at this point I do not know which brand or which bulbs are compatible for my car? Also I am still lost if I still do need a projector kit. Whats a resistor and relay?

Please help
Alright man, I am going to answer some of your questions as it seems you are not getting the answers you need.

The bulbs you will be needing are 9006 for low and 9005 for high. Please verify the bulbs with this guide:
Lamp Replacement Guide Home

As far as brands, it's entirely up to you. You can spend bookoo dollars on certain websites or spend 35 dollars on ebay for an entire kit. The choice is yours. Personally I have always used the cheapo kits on ebay. Just be sure they are true HID's. Xentec seems to be a popular ebay brand. If you plan on doing both low and high beam you will want to make sure the ballast is "slim." These ballasts are much smaller than a standard ballast for installing it tight spaces. Just type "9006 HID slim digital" in your ebay search.

Regardless of what people have told you thus far you do not need relays or resistors. If you plan on converting the highs to HID then you will need to disable the DRL's. Do this by simply pulling the DRL fuse. You will get a dash light that says "DRL" but it is what it is. If you do not disable the DRL's you will destroy the high beam HID's. This is because DRL's run on a low wattage. All you will need is a 9006 HID kit for low beam and 9005 HID kit for high. This will consist of 4x HID bulbs and 4x ballasts with proper wiring.

As far as color temperatures that is again, entirely up to you. There are a few charts online that show you the difference between color temperatures. Keep in mind, just because the number is higher does not mean the bulb is brighter. It is simply a different color. I highly suggest you stay away from 55W HID kits. Stick with the original 35W HID kits. 55W will not last as long and may melt the housing. Here is a color temp chart:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...rsion-Kits.jpg
Keep in mind, the chart does not show the "intensity" of the HID's. It just show color temps. So you must understand that the color will be magnified.

Personally I have tried several color temps. Anything over 6000K IMO looks far too blue. I stick with 4300K. This is as close to OEM HIDS and produce the most Lumens. I believe the most popular color is 6000k however.

Moving on to projectors. To get the proper aim and cutoff projectors are recommended. Are they absolutely necessary? No, they are not. If you install HID's into your stock headlamps then you may have to aim them down to prevent blinding other drivers on the road. Keep in mind, the bluer the HID's the worse it is for oncoming drivers.

HID's take awhile to fully light. So keep that in mind when you flick your high beams on. Also, HID's do not like to be flashed so refrain from signaling other drivers that a cop is ahead on your travels.

Here is a good video on installing low beam HID's in the Accord:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZWRjt8UW8g

I hope this answers your questions

Last edited by Sparkknocker; 01-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM

You totally nailed my question. I'm 19 years old without anybody's help really i bought my accord by just saving up and working with all my money. That is why I want tomake the right choices and facts because my car means a lot to me. I really appreciate spending some of your time to this post.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by bboyblare
You totally nailed my question. I'm 19 years old without anybody's help really i bought my accord by just saving up and working with all my money. That is why I want tomake the right choices and facts because my car means a lot to me. I really appreciate spending some of your time to this post.
Congrats on the Accord, they are a nice car. If you have any questions during install just ask.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 AM

If you are ok with having the yellow "DRL" light on then yea, you can pull the fuse an that will disable thm. I did that in my car and it doesn't bother me at all. I got the "purple" HIDs for my high beams and I used them just for show because I liked te way the blue and purple looked. I haven't tried putting in 8000k HIDS for my high beams to see how bright it really is. It could help some, or it couldn't. Depends on what you personally want to do. Remember, it's your car, do what YOU want to do to it. The 8000k puts a "white-ish blue" light onto the road and it's pretty good at night.

As for the $35 eBay kits. I personally wouldn't buy them myself because you don't know what you are getting. If you do research on the seller and you feel comfortable with them then go ahead. I got mine from my local audio guy.

Good luck with the car an the research!

Quick Reply: Need help installing HID 2007 accord EX-L Coupe