Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Need help installing HID 2007 accord EX-L Coupe (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/need-help-installing-hid-2007-accord-ex-l-coupe-45007/)

crispin 01-21-2012 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by mac424 (Post 267238)
As for the $35 eBay kits. I personally wouldn't buy them myself because you don't know what you are getting. If you do research on the seller and you feel comfortable with them then go ahead. I got mine from my local audio guy.

What you got was a $35 HID kit except you paid a lot more for it.
If paying more for something makes you feel better that is great for you but for the rest of us it does not make much sense.

I have used the cheap $35 kits in at least 3 motorcycles and 5 cars, they all worked great.

Sparkknocker 01-21-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by crispin (Post 267241)
What you got was a $35 HID kit except you paid a lot more for it.
If paying more for something makes you feel better that is great for you but for the rest of us it does not make much sense.

I have used the cheap $35 kits in at least 3 motorcycles and 5 cars, they all worked great.

X2! If your not spending 500 dollars plus on an HID kit you are getting the same "Made in China" HID's. Companies get rich off of people who think "more expensive, must be better." That is not always the case.

I too have probably used 5x Ebay HID kits in various applications. I have never once had an issue.

Sparkknocker 01-21-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mac424 (Post 267238)
If you are ok with having the yellow "DRL" light on then yea, you can pull the fuse an that will disable thm. I did that in my car and it doesn't bother me at all. I got the "purple" HIDs for my high beams and I used them just for show because I liked te way the blue and purple looked. I haven't tried putting in 8000k HIDS for my high beams to see how bright it really is. It could help some, or it couldn't. Depends on what you personally want to do. Remember, it's your car, do what YOU want to do to it. The 8000k puts a "white-ish blue" light onto the road and it's pretty good at night.

Also remember that in most states the law referring to headlights is; the lights must emit white light only. I am a LEO and I do issue citations for persons running deep blue and purple headlights. Make sure you know the law in your state

crispin 01-21-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sparkknocker (Post 267263)
Also remember that in most states the law referring to headlights is; the lights must emit white light only. I am a LEO and I do issue citations for persons running deep blue and purple headlights. Make sure you know the law in your state

A year or so ago I put an HID kit in a Nissan Titan that I had.
Since the truck was blue with all blue leds inside of it I thought I would try out some blueish HIDs

So I bought and installed a 10k kit

I went that night to drive to the closest store to my house, well I got pulled over. Yes on the very first trip with my Blueish headlights I was pulled over.

So ordered the correct 6k white bulbs and never had a problem with Johnny Law again. :)