Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

neon tubes or other lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: neon tubes or other lighting

i have streetglow 10 or 12 inch tubes under mine. they look really good, just have to be carefull not to kick them.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

"cigarette splitters"

Where can I get one of those??

They've got em all over! I dont know if Wal-Mart has them anymore...but yeah, like they said, Advanced Auto, Autozone and maybe Meijers. They are like 8 bucks. They'll either be by the neon or the power invertors...actually, I think thats where they are @ Wal-mart

Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sweet. I was thinking about accenting my car with a cool blue theme.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

It would look cool!

But if you have lots of tubes, you'll have lots of messy wires and then you'll have to plug in/out the cig. lighter to power them. I would hardwire them into a 12v power source with a switch, but either way works! I planned on doing that but oh well!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, I got blue LEDs for all the lights (dome, door, trunk). I'm thinking two tubes in front and possibly two smaller ones under the drivers/passenger seat. I want to add a light under the hood...but that would take real work.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 PM

not as much as you think, splicing wires isnt hard at all. the toughest part is snaking the wires so you dont see them. What i did with the LED's under the seats and under the driver and passenger console is hook it up to a switch so i dont have any wires hangning out or pluged into the cig lighter. It looks much cleaner.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:52 PM

well which do you think would be better led's or neon s?

cuz i just want sort of a little gloiw and with neon i'd only do the front seat but it would be cool to have them front and under the front seats

Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Neon will have more of a glow, but so will the leds. The leds draw less power. Either one will look good!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM

I think that having 2 lights under the motor mounted to the frame then wired into the battery with an inline fuse and buy a hood switch (like a car alarm has) that way when you open the hood the lights pop on and it's a light that glows underneath then just put a different color bulb in the normal "hood light" so the whole thing gets illuminated in a colored glow....

Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^ That would be cool too! Just make sure not to plce it to close to any exhaust section. My car doesnt have a hood light booo

Quick Reply: neon tubes or other lighting