Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

New Car -- Tint question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Default New Car -- Tint question

Well I got a new Accord, looked for a long time for something to replace my 91..ended up with an 06 coupe.

Question I have is, the tint on the driver/passenger windows has a lot of vertical streaks, not too bad and I noticed before I bought it. I don't really want to take it off and have no tint and then just have the back tinted, that might look funny imo. But, if I have the tint replaced will it just streak up again?? It seems to have been a quality tint job but I don't have any warranty info or anything like that to pursue. But I don't expect it to cost much to have 2 windows tint removed/replaced.

Anyone know of something on an 06 that causes tint to streak up bad on the windows and what a fix might be?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM

I doubt the issue has to do with the car's windows. You say it LOOKS like a quality job but you're not a pro you know? My bet is that it wasn't stuck flat when tinting and it wrinkled up. Hell it could have been a DIY job also.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i think he means scratches, ? the 7th gens 03-07 have crappy window "felt" so what we were told to do is get the tint shop to put better felt on which they usually do for free cause your getting tint done at their shop.
if its that bad which it could be, if you have the money get in re-done and ask for better "felt".

Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 PM

Yes, scratches....all vertical and only on the two windows that move. Clearly from something rubbing them. Definitely not a DIY job....the other windows look excellent with zero defects that I can find, I'm no tint pro but I've seen a lot of tint jobs both good and bad through all my detailing adventures...I'd say this tint job was a 7-8 out of 10. I guess I wasn't quite specific enough.

Thanks for pointing out the window felt to me. I was planning to have the 2 front windows redone but I wanted to be sure I knew some of what could be causing the problem--you know don't want to have it redone unless I'm fairly sure the new tint won't scratch. I really don't want to just take off the tint either...don't think it would look right to have just the back tinted especially on a coupe. Now I have a little bit of a clue to take to my tint shop.