Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

New here - hid questions and where to get good parts cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Bacondoggy
Unregistered
Exclamation New here - hid questions and where to get good parts cheap!

Hey everyone - my name is Mark, I am 28 and an 82nd airborne paratrooper vetran . Bought a 97 accord 5 spd :-PI just bought a 97 accord 5-spd for my daily commuter. I had a couple civic's in the past, and a crx, so I am not totally new to the scene. The car that makes me happy is my 91 thunderbird SC (supercharged) Name:  DSC00091.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  81.9 KB

It just needs painted :-P. I am not trying to make the accord even close to the performance that has (don't hate because its a ford! lol) I was looking here [URL]http: ddmtuning com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=85&
for hid's, I am not sure what the difference is between the raptor kit (cheaper) and their more expensive ddm kit ($65) aside from the more expensive has a lifetime warranty (our low beam bulbs -97 accord- are 9006's, right?) and they have the lumens rating as well...

Also I am looking to slightly modify the car (It has almost 200k so I wasn't going to go crazy, maybe if the engine ever goes, I may look into getting a better engine/ecu then) anyone with parts for cheap pm me - or any links to places and what to reccomend for the car I would be interested. I would like to get an intake, but most people don't have true cold air intakes - they just have an intake with acone filter IN the engine compartment. This is stupid, as the "new" intake is just getting HOTTER air then the stock air setup. Hotter air = less HP.... So any ideas please let me know...
Regards,
Mark

Last edited by WheelBrokerAng; 06-16-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You'll want 35W max, the 55w kit would be insanely bright and I recommend spending the extra dough. I bought the DDM about a year ago before they really got popular and paid around $110 for the upper end kit. Great kit for the money.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Bacondoggy
Unregistered

well whats the difference between the raptor and the higher-end? Just the warranty? I also have a kit on my othercar I think it was from intense-hid or something, and that was more expensive at the time as well. Is it worth putting in projectors if you go with the hid kit? Any idea where to go? I see ones on ebay, but they look "cheap"
As far as parts... I am new to aftermarket import parts and where to look or find godd/and or cheep parts