Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

New Paint Job - Delamination

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Talking New Paint Job - Delamination

I have noticed for some time the paint on my car is beginning to peel off the roof and hood. The top layer is actually gone in large areas on the roof.

Anyway, I want to get a new paint job and since I have to do that I figured I'd get a new color too!

The original color is forest green and I was thinking about an orange but I really don't know. The issue is the possibility of serious clashing with the interior color: the factory light bluish green. I would love for a kind of burnt orange to work but I am concerned it will just look tacky and awful. My car is nothing fancy just a stock 1997 Honda Accord LX, I just love orange

I am wide open to any color ideas you may have for me to match the interior since I will not be changing that (I'm a grad student! lol I hate that I have to paint it). This light bluish green seems like a hard color to work with if I want to change the exterior of the car.

Feel free to post anything that could work, I'd love to see them!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 PM

Thats the same int. I have... Looks to be a very clean accord... Burnt orange is also a very awesome color... Painted a buddys busa the same.... Your right though, idk how that wouldd look with the int... Neverknow though...

Old 06-30-2010, 11:06 PM

I know, if I can get the complement orange for the interior it might work, but its way to expensive to test it, any other good colors that would work? I don't want the green maybe like a blue or something.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM

and I may put a pic of the roof peeling, you cant see any of the probs in those pics.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 PM

I have the same exact issue as you do... Ive got a 97 se and its peeling from the trunk, roof, and left fender... The problem is that in 97 and 98 honda had a problem with their clear coat not sticking to the paint...Its very well documented and complained about... Ive tried several things to prevent it from happening anymore... But im going to be getting a new paint job, as soon as i can afford the paint... Ive got a friend who is a crazy badazz body man and painter and he is gonna do it for me foo free... Im going with a dark gray mettalic... Almost gunmetal

Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 AM

sweet. that gray sounds like a good match
you gotta get it painted so I cansee it lol

is there a program out there to test exterior/interior color combos? all i can find is color wheel stuff. i want to see it on the car body

Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Default Orange...

lol, i wanted to paint mine orange, but if u go orange, u gotta go all the way,unless ur interior is black, grey or tan...But who knoz, i jus kno orange is a tuff color to work with... Good luck, post some pics when ur done...

Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 AM

You can go to your local auto paint supplier and ask to look at their colorWith any luck though as soon as i get the 120 dollars, all the prep work done, and the 25$ to rent the booth for a night... Im either going with dark shadow grey(mustang), Grigio Silverstone(ferrari), Cyber grey(new zo6), or Agate grey mettalic(lambo gallardo)...

Old 07-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Yes there is a program, its called digital paint booth... But its fairly expensive... Ive got a buddy who uses it to show colors to clients at a paint shop... Its worth the money, just do a little research about it...

Quick Reply: New Paint Job - Delamination