Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Red face Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint Job

Hello Everyone, I recently traded off my lovely 2003 LX sedan and bought a 2003 EX Coupe Black on Black from a guy out of Chicago. I absolutely love the vehicle, the only thing I don't like about it, is that the clear coat is peeling! It looks good aside from that! Granted there's a couple of other things that need some improvement, but that's another story. I have just gone to my local auto parts store, and bought some Nighthawk Black Pearl paint in an aerosol can, as well as a can of clear coat. Now, having never done this before, I obviously know that I need to sand first, but what grit sandpaper should I use on this? and do I apply the clear coat while the paint is still tacky? I need some help in this, figured I'd ask my friends here in the wonderful HAF, and get some input! Let me know!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Anyone?

Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Not a painter.....I know it looks pretty if you put it on right, that is about it.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think it will be very hard to duplicate the factory paint with aerosol cans. If it were me I'd rather live with some peeling clear coat then have paint that doesn't match.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh man...you wouldn't wanna live with this if you saw it! I'm gonna take some before and after pictures tonight, so you can see it, I'm going to go ahead and try a small section of it over the passenger side fender!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Sanded down a section of my bumper a few days ago, and it turned out really well after I painted it, matches perfectly! I'll give her a shot!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, I got it started, and so far so good! I actually have a company here in town that will mix the paint, and put it in aerosol for me! Pretty crazy, and since I work at a Honda dealership, I've got a connection here, helping me to succeed in doing this as well!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it is turning out well for you. Can't wait to see pics when it's done

Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

alright guys, it's coming along actually quite well, turning out nicely, I've managed to get rid of the nasty clear coat spots, and it's starting to look good! I did however forget to take pictures of the before, for the fender, and A pillar, but I'll get some pictures on the roof when I start working up there!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Quick question off topic...how do I upload a profile picture?

Quick Reply: Nighthawk Black Pearl Paint Job