Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Painting Engine Cover: Color? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/painting-engine-cover-color-14708/)

dan_o_89_rs 12-16-2007 07:19 PM

RE: Painting Engine Cover: Color?

ORIGINAL: Joseph

DO NOT USE THE KRYLON FUSIONCRAP

I just tried it out on my cover, and now im probly going to have to flake it all off, it sticks like crap. it just kind of runs off......In my humble opinion, do not use it.
soory man, i hope you didntuse it because of my bragging on it. like i said i had really good results with it. as a precaution i sprayed like 5 super-light coats.

i gues that rules out fusion. im thinking a hightemp primer followed by my color of choice then a hightemp clearcoat (if they make such a thing).

Joseph 12-17-2007 12:52 AM

well its not THAT bad i did a coat or 2 and it looked like it wasnt sticking so well, but i just kept coating it, ill let you know how it looks tomorrow.

dan_o_89_rs 12-17-2007 09:03 AM

according to advance auto's site, Duplicolor Plastic Primer: Adhesion Promoter; Clear; Aerosol.
the site gives a description: Help protect against weather conditions and corrosion with Dupli-ColorĀ® Adhesion Promoter. It improves adhesion on all paints and acts like a clear primer. Ideal for interior and exterior surfaces, like plastic, chrome or other metal surfaces.
I'ma give this a shot.

Joseph, hows yours lookin?

Joseph 12-17-2007 12:59 PM

Im going outside RIGHT now in like 5mins just woke up gonna go slap it on, and ill take a picture or video, depending on how worked up i am about it. Ill let you know here real soon

Joseph 12-17-2007 01:24 PM

Well here it is, it doesnt seems to be sticking to well, already starting to flake off...Oh well - someone had to test it out though right ;)

Ill just let it wear down, then you can let me know what really works haha

Joseph 12-17-2007 01:25 PM

oh ya and my cat seems to like it [&:]

sir_nasty 12-17-2007 01:26 PM

What did you prep/clean the surface with?

Joseph 12-17-2007 01:33 PM

some foamy stuff and a lintfree towel

The bottle said there was no prep other then to clean.

dan_o_89_rs 12-18-2007 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Joseph

Oh well - someone had to test it out though right ;)
i guess lol. is that plateinside of the plastics metal? if so, are those lines and the "v6.." raised? if so that would look sweet painted then polish off the paint on the raised areas;).

i think i will do a primer then a few light coats of gold. ill have to think about it.

Joseph 12-19-2007 08:26 AM

yeah the plate is seperate, but its too ****ty to try and polish, its all caroded.
Im just going to see if i can go to a junk yard find a whole new one, take it to a body shop and have it painted.