Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Pics of 2008 Wing Spoiler and lip spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Pics of 2008 Wing Spoiler and lip spoiler?

The mods should ban both of you for breaking forum rules. If you want to have a hissy fit take it to private message, email or an instant messenger where we don't have to see or deal with it. Fighting over the internet is pointless, nobody ever wins.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 AM

I do have to side with jblaust on this though. He answered your question reasonably and gently corrected your mistake in calling the deck lid spoiler a "lip". Go anywhere and a deck lid spoiler is what you were asking about and if you search for lips for any car you get pieces of fiberglass/plastic that attach to the bottom of the bumpers, not spoilers.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Finch13, I'm just trying to get a pic of the spoilers. Were any of my posts or comments out of line?

Which time did he gently correct me, one of the times meHis mother would likely take away his keys to her car if she saw this.. LOL

Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 AM

He gave you the pic of the spoiler you asked about in post #6. That is a picture of the deck lid spoiler, which you mistakenly called a lip. The other spoiler offered on the '08 Accord is the wing spoiler. Both fit the sedan and coupe.

jblaust also clarified that the lip, which attaches to the bottom of the bumpers, is only available on the coupe in posts #2 and #4.

I'm not excusing his name calling, the mods will handle that, but he did offer you help in a manner that is expected on this forum and you misunderstood it. You are both at fault.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 AM

This Post Has Been Taken Down For Bad Words...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: johnk

Another Internet Cowboy, Here is your post: "they dont make a lip for the 2008 accord sedan. Only for the coupe. I have it installed on my coupe."

And then you proceed to flood this forum with Sedans posts. Good night....
He was helpful up until you attacked him verbally, go back and read this thread from the beginning. If you Google "lip spoiler" you will see that all the results are for lower underbody spoilers a.k.a. "lips" which is the most commonly used meaning of the word. I'm not justifying his actions after calling him an "Internet Cowboy", but if it were me I would too get defensive if I was being innappropriately called out on something I gave a correct answer to. Explore this forum more and you will find that we don't condone this type of behavior, especially not from newcomers. This is an open forum where all opinions and answers are respected.

If you would have done more research before you posted your question you would have found your answer, rather than getting upset that you were wrong.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:20 AM

it was more than you mispeaking. It was you getting all sarcastic calling me an internet cowboy and accusing me of flooding the forum with sedan posts...when all i did was help you. I admit I was wrong for calling you anASSHOLE and aPRICK which you still are both in my opinion. You still are failing to realize your attitude problem towards somebody that was just trying to help you. Considering that I live with my wife and kids and have 3 cars and I pay my moms car payment for her I dont think she will be taking my keys away anytime soon for calling you an *******.Asamatter of fact she probably would have some choice words for you herself.You need to lose your attitude and learn to be a little more grateful when people go out of there way to help you. Instead you took it as some kind of insult that I told you the "lip" isnt available for the sedan (which it is not). You figured I didnt know what I was talking about and proceeded to give me attitude about it when all I was doing was attempting to correct you and give you the right information. You never even acknowledged my help or the fact that i provided you with exactly what it was you asked for.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Agreed.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:10 PM

correct me if im wrong but isnt a "deck lid" the actual 'trunk panel' (if you will). i thought a "deck lid" was a new term used in talking about the panel attached by hinges to a vehicle, designed to keep the cargo in and the elements outof a trunk.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Entertaining to say the least. But I would side with He never said anything offensive before you did johnk. All in all, you brought it upon yourself.

Quick Reply: Pics of 2008 Wing Spoiler and lip spoiler?