Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Default Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord

I am looking into getting some projector headlights with angel eyes and/or LEDs. I know most you are probably going to suggest retrofitting but I neither have the time to do all that nor the experience. I will surely **** up something to a royal extent if I did try it. So, I was just curious if you suggest any specific manufacturers for projector headlights. Angel eyes would be nice but not necessary I guess. I was thinking either Anzo or Elegante by TYC although the latter are a bit more expensive. I have seen all the ebay brands and all the forums say the light spread on those are awful. What about Anzo and TYC, are they any good? I know option racing has lights as well, what about those? Oh and what about spyder headlights are those any good?

I know Anzo, TYC, and spyder are all street legal so that doesn't worry me but are the projector cutoffs and the light spread pattern any good? Anybody use them?

I am also looking to get a 4300 to 4500 K or maybe 6000K HID kit.. I don't want to spend too much but I've seen them for like 80 and there are so many websites. Which are good? Are xentec any good? I don't want to go 400 on phillips. That's just too much for me. And if I got the projectors would that be H1 bulb size for the HID?

Any answers would be appreciated guys. Just don't tell me to go retrofit with TSX/TL projectors and that it's easier than I think.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 AM

im like you dont have time to retrofit. but i can tell u this if you do get projectors get a brand name cuz i got some knock off brand of projector and they sucked i only had them for a month. on the hids xentec is a good cheaper brand (the bulbs are also the color they say they are. if you want pure white no bue at all go with the 4300 or 4500 but i personally like the 6000k.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 PM

I found it impossible to order the TYC projectors so I ended up ordering a set of projectors made by a company called KS. The guy told me that they no longer have the TYC projectors but KS is well known for their headlights. And I noticed that option racing carries those exact same headlights. This set ended up having angel eyes but apparently they are LEDs instead of the cheap ****, which I guess is good. Here's a picture:

Also as for the HIDs, I didn't order them yet since I'm waiting to get the headlights and figure out the bulb size. I am thinking 6000 because I was told they're legal below 8000. I was thinking DDM tuning but they don't include a relay harness in their kit which kind of concerns. I'll call them up and see if they sell them separately. DDM tuning seems pretty cheap and lifetime warranty with it. It's only like 40 bucks or so.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM

keep us updated on whether these headlights give better output than stock headlights.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 PM

I definitely will keep you all updated guys. I noticed so far no one on any forum has put up much feedback regarding aftermarket projector headlights so I plan on changing that trend. I am going to stick in some HIDs in it so it may take some time before I get the HIDs delivered to home although I'll get the projectors by tomorrow or so.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb All You Members

Look to our different site sponsors here in the forums..there always on the right side of the pages..they sell projectors also..

WheelBrokerAng
Memorial Day Is Coming Up

Attached Thumbnails Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord-1146_pic_3.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 AM

Alright guys so I got my headlights delivered. Plan on installing them tomorrow. I don't kno if that will happen but that's the plan. They're apparently a company called Eagle Eyes or so it said on the box. Quality wise they don't look like top notch or anything but they don't look like **** either.

Anyway, I ordered some HIDs too for the thing. I ordered a set of 4300K HIDs because I want them to look as stock as possible and its more of a function over form thing. I ordered them from here: http://www.tophidkits.com/..

Has anyone ordered from them before?? any suggestions?? I know lots of ppl were saying DDM tuning and VVME but DDM tuning currently has a backlog on orders for like 10 days or so and I don't have the patience. VVME, I called, but it was some random Chinese dude that talked to me and their customer service seemed really shady. These guys sounded legit when I talked to them but any reviews would be good from you guys.

The kit itself cost me about a 100 bucks including shipping, a lifetime warranty, and an upgrade to digital slim ballasts. They said I don't need a relay harness for my car. Is it safe to install it to stock harness?? I don't wanna fry that thing by accident.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 AM

so whut bulb size does the headlights take?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by htekken
so whut bulb size does the headlights take?
I believe it's H1. Didn't come with any literature but the tech support from the place I bought em said the back side should have random lettering among which it should either say H1, H4, or H11. Mine says H1 among many other letters so they said it was H1. If they're wrong I'm suing their asses for mental distraught.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:58 PM

Alright guys so I put in the headlights after quite a bit of struggle.. they seem good although the angel eyes aren't blue in color but whatever. Matter of fact, I don't even think I got them to work but I may try figure that out later. I did connect them but I connected them to the low beams but they don't seem to work. Here are the pics.. Weird part is the passenger light throws way more light than does the driver's side.. But both of them are significantly stronger than the regular headlights I had an I didn't even put in the HIDs yet.. standard halogens I got..

Name:  IMAG0052-1.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0050-1.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0051-1.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  124.1 KB

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord