Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projector Light Help.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 PM
scoot713
Unregistered
Default Projector Light Help.....

Hi all, im new here and i just got a 98 Accord EX. The first kind of aftermarket part im looking at is a pair of headlights. More specifically, the "Crystal Clear with Clear Projector-Style A".

My Accord is Silver, all stock.
So if anyone could answer these questions, that be great:

Is their a cheaper way to buy lights?
Anyone have these? If so, are they a good set?
Does the halo around them run as driving lights or when you turn on your regular lights?

thanks for even looking, and if you have an answer, even better. :P

Attached Thumbnails Projector Light Help.....-thl-10346.jpg  

Last edited by scoot713; 07-20-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Direct Links To Non Paying Sites Not Allowed :(
Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Administrator
Cool Sorry New Poster

You must read the posting rules before you just post anywheres...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 AM
scoot713
Unregistered

oh i see...
sorry bout that ill edit it out and put pic
wont happen again, i promise :P

Last edited by scoot713; 07-20-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Light output on those are okay.
Would be better with some HID's and properly aimed.

For the halo rings, you have to wire them. There is no plug that they plug into. So I would wire them into the 5v parking lights so you dont shorten the life of the LED's by much.

Just a note, most people don't really like the look of chrome headlights or tail lights like those. Generally they are considered "Rice" and you will probably even grow to dislike them in a few years. However, if you like them, that is all that matters!

If you want a good brand of aftermarket headlights then go with TYC's. I had ebay halo ring projector headlights but eventually got rid of them and got TYC projectors. Much better product.

Also, you'll have to remove the front bumper cover to install these headlights. It sounds like a big task and will probably take you awhile the first time, but all you need is a screwdriver and a wrench. If you ever need to take it off again it'll take you 15 minutes at the most! The longest part is just learning where all the bolts are.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 AM
scoot713
Unregistered

ya i dont really like those chrome taillights at all either, but for headlights i ddnt think those looked too bad...
Also, the reason im looking at those is because i the Accord i bought had headlights that had a fog on them and the first thing i was going to change was the lights anyway.
I found these on ebay for $85 and i really dont want to spend more that $150.

i kno, im cheap...

Maybe you could help me out with a good brand close to $150?
If not, thanks for your help already.

And ya, i looked at the TYC's and i do like those a lot better....maybe ill spend a little extra.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey no problem man. And like I said, it is your car and your money. If you like them, then go for it, thats all that really matters.

Headlight wise, basically you have 3 options. OEM, which is your current setup, Blackhoused which I am sure you've seen on ebay already, and projectors. Projector wise, you really only have two or 3 brands to choose from, eBay, TYC, or Anzo. Many people say that Anzo is a decent brand, (they make the EXACT same headlights as your picture) but honestly I would go with TYC.

The TYC headlights will have better light output then Anzo or the ebay ones. I dont think they have halos though. But to be honest, really the only time you can see halos is right when some people turn their headlights on and others dont. Plus you have to wire the power wires for the halos. Its not hard, but if youve never soldered or anything it can be intimidating.

Also, try using the search on this forum and im sure youll find alot more info about the ebay projectors.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 PM
scoot713
Unregistered

Now that im thinkin more about it, the TYC's are looking better and better...
So is ebay the best option for pricing? I mean, cheapest?

I never really buy anything from ebay but from what im seeing, its a damn good idea to go with ebay.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
scoot713
Unregistered

Not to be dragging this on, but i just want to make sure im getting a good product...
I searched on ebay for the TYC lights and i came up with the ones below----

They're TYC's so from what ur saying, they're worth it, and plus, i like them a whole lot better than the Halo's...

My final question:
$200 with free shipping sees like a good deal, and i havent found a better one. Any other places that i could get them for cheaper?

If not, i appreciate all the help.
thanks

Attached Thumbnails Projector Light Help.....-tychl-ha9802ch.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ditch the crap projectors, get a DDM HID kit for the 9006 bulbs and call it a day. Save some money, some embarrassment, and get more performance out of your better looking factory lights.

The ONLY good projectors are those that are OEM factory projectors, which to have retrofitted into your lights will cost $500+.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Originally Posted by finch13
Ditch the crap projectors, get a DDM HID kit for the 9006 bulbs and call it a day. Save some money, some embarrassment, and get more performance out of your better looking factory lights.

The ONLY good projectors are those that are OEM factory projectors, which to have retrofitted into your lights will cost $500+.
True, but if you put HIDs in oem housings and they end up blinding everybody, what is the point in that?

Heres what you need to know:

HIDs and halogen bulbs have VERY different lighting qualities. This is why halogen bulbs are found in headlights like yours and HIDs are found in projector headlamps, it is because of the way the light is shined.

I have TYC projectors that were designed for halogen bulbs but I used a DDM Tuning HID kit anyways. While it was for halogen bulbs, the projector design cuts down on the glare by a large amount and the output is still decent.

For prices, I would either type in "98 honda accord tyc" into google or get the part # for the headlights and type that into google.

Quick Reply: Projector Light Help.....