Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Question about "Altezzas"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Default Question about "Altezzas"

Alright, I was just wondering where everyone is from. I am a west coast guy and I still see a lot of people putting Altezzas on cars. I am a firm believer in the fact that what you do to your car is just a reflection of the person, but......I thought Altezzas had died out about two years ago now, at least here on the west coast. We're all in to doing tail light mods like lexus lights on the trunk and stuff. Just wondering....If I'm wrong thats cool too though, much love!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:37 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: Question about "Altezzas"

Where are you on the west coast? Im originally an Oregon guy, so Im feelin ya. I also thought that Altezzas died a well deserved death. I never much liked them anyway, and especially since, at one point, it seemed like EVERYONE had them on their car. Im currently in Tennessee, and I havent seen Altezzas in a while.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:37 PM

im on the east coast and i feel the same way. But i found some pretty cool ones, i plan to go with are these http://www.migicute.com/tychdac0305btl.html

a bit pricy but i like how they look, particulary with the color car i have. and my head lights are dark on the inside like that

Old 11-21-2006, 04:36 PM

alright so I get to post my stupid question for the month.... What classifies a light as being "altezza" style?

Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

A lot of taillights are labeled "Altezzas," but these are what started the trend, what I consider true Altezzas. And also what I would consider played out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97...51306816QQrdZ1

Old 11-21-2006, 07:49 PM

yea the meatball style with the chrome backing

Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM

yeah I had a set almost identical to those on a civic about 2 years ago *LOL*

Old 11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

A lot of taillights are labeled "Altezzas," but these are what started the trend, what I consider true Altezzas. And also what I would consider played out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97...51306816QQrdZ1
haha whoops.....those are exactly what I have on my Accord! Though I still think they look better than stock. I see about 10 Accords of my gen everytime I go in town and the oem ones just look eh to me. If I had more money I would either get the TYC jaguar ones or smoke them.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Oh yeah. But you know....manufactorers are starting to make stock altezzas, such as the new Honda Pilot and Nissan Altima!

Old 11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Ive got the fake Jag taillights on my car. I like them, they dont look stock, but they dont look crazy either. It would look a lot better if I didnt have a big dent on the right rear corner of my car though. I really need to get some pics of my car in the gallery. Maybe tomorrow, I hear its gonna be 60 degrees, so I can wash my car first lol.

I hate the fact that manufacturers are putting Altezza style tails on new cars. Grrrr...

Quick Reply: Question about "Altezzas"