Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

A Question About Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Default A Question About Rims

Okay. All the rims I've been finding for my 95 Accord LX are kinda lame. I have a pretty specific image in mind of what I want and I don't see anything that comes all that close. I think the best example with be the five-point rims that BMW puts on their higher end cars. Even some of the after market rims I've seen for BMW are really along the lines of what I want. The problem with this is the bolt pattern. I don't know if it can be done but does anyone know if there is a way to find adapters for this? I don't know where to look and I don't know if this is even possible.

Here is an example of what I mean. I like the deep set rim and the way it sets out to meet the lip of the fender to make a nice solid fitting look. It's not the rim I want but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. I'd rather have something a little more elegent looking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Default RE: A Question About Rims

i'm not seeing a picture on the link ... i'm curious as to which ones you're talkin about - that sounds like what i've been looking for...

Old 04-26-2006, 01:01 PM

Well, I fixed the link by uploading the pic to my photobucket site. Keep in mind that those rims are NOT the rims I'm looking for. The BMW 330 Ci is the car I've found that usually has the five-point rims I mean. I would even take THOSE rims if I could take off and replace the BMW centercap

Old 04-26-2006, 03:52 PM

I know RonJon http://www.ronjonwheels.com/wheels.html has some nice wheels. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for style-wise.

I know I've looked at dozens of online companies for wheels that I like and I've found about 6 wheels I like. It's tough.

Show us some ideas, other than the Beemer, that you like.

StevePhy

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM

These are decent. They're the best I've found so far but I'd like something a little more sleek looking. Just a bit more elegent.

Click here for the rims I'm talking about

Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 PM

yeah, kinda what i've been looking for, only i'd like to see the five star flattened out, ditch the rivets, and make it in gunmetal and you've got a buyer...

Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM

u do know that those rims on that bmw are aftermarket... right.. they are deepdished... and are very nice... just look up ur cars bolt specs and go on the hunt... also check and see if BMW has the same bolt patern 5x100 is very common...

Old 04-27-2006, 12:27 AM

sTeVo!: Yeah. I like the billet look around the edge of the rims and I don't really like gunmetal. Since I plan on going nice and glossy black with my paint I want something bright to contrast the paint.

Ledionofone: Yes, I know those are not stock rims. But they do get my point across. I like that deep look. What I was saying is I can't find anything like THAT or even like a stock BMW deep rim for the Honda. My bolt pattern is 4x114.3 so the BMW rims wont fit without adapters. Where can I find the adapters? All I'm really saying is that there aren't very cool rims for the Honda. I need a different bolt pattern so I can get the good stuff.

I hope I cleared things up

Old 04-28-2006, 01:54 PM

hey dude, i found these ones - they come in black, silver, and gunmetal...

try these...

doh! i swore i saw that they came in silver... sorry try looking on the site though... i gotta get some work done...

Old 04-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Have you looked at the Team Dynamic rims? or Motegi? I bet Team Dynamic will have what you want.... I love their rims... well I like OZ Racing better but yeah...

Quick Reply: A Question About Rims