Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Questions about customization

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Default Questions about customization

Okay. As I stated in the "New Members" forum, I just bought a 1995 Honda Accord LX. It's a 2.2 4 cylinder with a 5 speed but it's not VTEC. Not that it matters when it comes to the aesthetics of the car. But this is what I plan on doing to it.

Chrysler Yellow (like on the Vipers) painjob
Decent body kit (haven't decided on maker yet) with side skirts, front and rear bumpers, and hood scoop(s).
Custom lights all around (headlights, tail lights, running lights)
Custom rims (alloy or chrome preferably with a billet look around the edge)

That's all I really want to do to the exterior. My windows are already tinted. If anyone in Tampa is looking for good tint, go to Audio Itch on Dale Mabry. My entire car was done darker than legal for $130.

Interior I want to modify completely but I want it to look more luxurious than sporty but still with good accents whether they be carbon fiber, wood, or color. I plan on pretty much completely stripping the inside and turning it all black leather and cherry wood at this point. But I'm not very sure how feasible this will be.

I already know what I want to do with the sound system. For now I have a pretty nice Pioneer in it with a Sirius radio reciever hooked up. I definitely recommend Sirius above XM if anyone reading this is in the market.

Any suggestions any of you might have for this generation of Accord as far as aesthetic modification would be greatly appreciated. I'm not having so much luck finding anything good on the net so I figure this forum may have some ideas on where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Default RE: Questions about customization

Is your car a coupe or a sedan?

I live over in St. Pete, maybe we can compare some notes on shops and such.

Steve

Old 02-23-2006, 09:07 PM

It's a sedan. 1995 Honda Accord LX sedan with a 5 speed. 2.2L SOHC 16-valve non VTEC engine.

This is it.

Name:  P1300052.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  118.2 KB

Old 02-24-2006, 12:03 AM

If your going to go all out like that then why not do shaved door handles for a good clean look, could have a sun roof put in, JDM lights and side markers. Are you going to get rid of of that plastic trim on the side? (I would) Can't realy tell my the pix but if your tint is a dark black you could have a black mesh grill put in, mybe with some black JDM head lights with tail lights to match.

oh yeah and a small spoiler with some style like a GT-R spoiller or the stock one what ever works for you

hope that helped

Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM

The tint is limo dark all around the back and below legal on the front 2. I was thinking of black accents in certain places but I'm not very keen on the way black and yellow look sometimes. Then again, chrome can be a real let down, too. I'm really going to have to think out the color scheme. I can't wait to get the paintjob. What I was thinking about taking apart an Altezza style tail light and sanding and painting them to the same color yellow as the rest of the car. That way it's just a nice, clear lens showing the color of the car and the working light itself. Not sure how well that would come out though. Some Photoshop experimentation should sort that decision out.

After much consideration, I did decide against a sunroof. Shaving the door handles is a definite! If I could figure out a way to do it, I'd make the back doors suicide style. But I'm not sure how that would end up looking.

I guess what I'm looking for right now is suggestions on where to find all the accessories and custom parts I need for this car. A recommendation on a good place for interior modification in the southern Florida area wouldn't hurt, either.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:51 PM
euroaccord
Unregistered

If you are gonna do the interior like you said then I would give it a sleeper look. Switch up the side skirts, the front and rear lip. For headlights from what i see going on is the hid conversion. You can use it with the stock headlights as well. I personally think angel eyes are over rated. Clear outs or the jdm black are nice in my point of view. If you want a body kit then i think painting interior would be best to make it fit with the look with the body kit. Either way you go its your ride so put on what you want and what you think looks good. I myself like the stock look of the sedan with just mild exterior upgrades. As long as you have a good rim and tire combo then the stock look is awesome from what i think. I have a 94 euro spec accord and im looking for the right rim and tire combo along with trying to find out wether the usdm head lights will work on the euro accord. but like i said before its your ride do you what you want to it.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 PM

hey euroaccord where can i find out what my car would like in the euro spec (00' accord V6 coupe)

Old 02-26-2006, 09:40 PM

Oh yeah I found out that the euro spec accord is only a 4dr. & another thing euro accord if you are lokking for usdm lights look for a acura tl for what ever year model you have.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:27 AM

Oh, I agree with you Euroaccord. I am torn between yellow (which will not really fit the leather/cherry wood interior) or just a nice glossy black. I might even just deepen the maroon that I have on there and give it a more show quality look. As far as rim and tires I have no idea yet. I haven't found anything that fits my personality and compliments the car well. But I'm still looking. I know I will find it eventually.

As far as the body mods go, I am thinking that I will keep it low profile but I do want cooler looking skirts and front and rear bumpers. I found a kit from Xenon that is relatively what I want, but it's almost too sporty. I think the toughest part of all of this is going to be finding the right parts to make this car what I want it to be. I'd love to give this thing a very BMW-esque feel. I don't want the fenders with the vents or anything like that. I want the car to just have a nice, classy look. Engine mods... now that is a different story. I already know I'm looking a a major engine swap. I even heard that I can swap out a Prelude motor and tranny in this thing. It will take some serious work but I'd like to have that sort of power. And I don't think there is much difference in engine weight so it won't mess with the way the car handles. Especially with all the suspension work I plan on giving it.

Yes. I do plan on making this car a sleeper with an interior to drool over and a stereo that will give me nice, rich, full sound. Nothing competition level but pretty close. Some of the interior mods are probably going to be pretty extreme but I will have to find a very very awesome interior place to do this work right. I refuse to have ****ty work done on my car. It better be the best of the best quality. I understand it will take much cash to do what I want but I'm very dedicated to this car. I really love it.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 AM

I.K., do you have any idea of where your going to have your paint job done? How extensive of a paint job are looking to do? How much are you planning to spend on the paint job? On a side note not related to paint/body work, are you planning to go to the spring nationals over in Daytona Beach? Lots of things to see and hear, may give you ideas on what you want [&:], or don't want [:'(] to do. I'll try to submit may plan for my car soon.

Steve

Quick Reply: Questions about customization