Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

removing wood grain parts(EDITED!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Default removing wood grain parts(EDITED!)

i drive a 2000 accord ex v6 3.0

does anybody know how to remove the centerpart in the dash where it holds the clock, headunit, etc.
i want to take that out and put CF vinyl on the wood grain part.

i know there are two screws under it and i have removed those..but it seems that clips, or other screws are still attaching it to the top. any suggestions will help

also on the doors theres the same wood grain where the window switches are, is there any way to remove this?

thanks for any help

Old 12-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: removing dash

Yes, the center piece has 2 screws on the bottom and clips at the top. The top just pops out when you pry it. As for the door trim, I believe you have to remove the door panel, and there are screws holding the trim to the door panel itself from the bottom.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:15 PM

alright thanks man, i found step by step instructions for the center piece, but not door.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM

pull the door panel off and there should be a few clips/screws that hold the wood looking trim piece into the door panel.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM

alright.. thanks..
but i am new to this and dont know how to remove the door panel
help?

Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM

I haven't done an 04 personally but I'll give you some general instruction... The screws have little covers over them but usually pop right out with a small flathead screwdriver. There's typically one in/under the door handle, in the arm rest and the upper right hand corner, remove those and wedge the screwdriver (wrap it in a towel if you're worried about scratching something...) under the door panel at the bottom and pry out, there are a bunch of clips that hold it on, once those are free it should lift up/off, if it doesn't then you may need to remove the inner mirror cover, grab the screwdriver and pop it off (I don't think there is anything but clips holding it on) now with it free you can look behind it and disconnect the various wiring harnesses.

One last thing, your door handle has to be disconnected from the rod, you should be able to see it once the decorative piece under the door handle comes off

Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM

alright thanks that helps alot, i see the little covers, im going to try to get all this done this weekend depending on my schedule.

i really like this forum and how everyone helps lol

Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM

stupid me i didnt notice the woodgrain around the shift ****(automatic on my car) had wood grain.. in all this process i would like to cover that in CF as well..any body know how to get to it????

Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM

To remove the bezel around the shifter, you just have to pull it up carefully since it's held on with clips.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: stevent

To remove the bezel around the shifter, you just have to pull it up carefully since it's held on with clips.
Yes, you just have to pry it up with a screwdriver until the clips pop loose...

Quick Reply: removing wood grain parts(EDITED!)