Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Replace leather driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Default Replace leather driver's seat

Due to inexperience and lack of knowledge of caring for leather (I used leather cleaner but never any conditioner), the leather on my driver's seat is severly cracked. I have an EX 4 cyclinder with the factor installed leather, i.e. power driver's seat, etc.

Is it possible for me to order just the leather? Is it some sort of fitted slip cover that just slides over the chair?

If the leather isn't just a "slip cover", is it possible for me to order a replacement seat with leather?

The Honda parts catalog for this car makes it seem like it's a simple slip on cover.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Default RE: Replace leather driver's seat

I just bought a 94 Accord to add to my small collection of honda's.... However, I have the same issue. My back seat is cracking a bit but not ripped. My front seat is ripped... From the stuff I've seen there are a few $50.00 Do it Yourself leather repair kits that seem fairly easy. I'm going to try and pick one up within the next few days and give it a shot... I'll let you know how it works. Any info you get ahold of would help as well. (YEAH My first post!)

Old 02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Replace leather driver's seat

There are a few online sites that sell complete replace seat covers (apparently, the upholstery is simply a slip on cover that zips up.)

http://www.autoupholsterykits.com/

http://www.leatherseats.com/default.asp

leatherseats.com looks to be quite good. I'm probably going to check cost on local shops as well.

Honda also sells the replacement seat covers. However, the chair and back are sold seperately and one seat goes for almost $800 total. You can get an aftermarket shop's complete replacement kit for less.