Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Default Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style

I am currently in the process of retrofitting some aftermarket ebay headlights. I bought them and then realized how crappy the projectors were so I got some mini H1s from TRS and also got the LED angel eyes.

I currently have HID lights in the stock reflectors, which I think get amazing output with little to no glare...but I just love the look of the projector. Hopefully I'll at least be able to match the output that I am currently getting.

The picture shows my current set-up of both my headlights, and taillights. I really like the taillights and I have never seen them before on an accord so I feel special!

Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Thumbnails Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-honda2.jpg   Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-honda3.jpg  

Last edited by jgspeed11; 09-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM

These are the lights I am retofitting:

03-07 HONDA ACCORD CHROME HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/LED DRIVING FOG LAMPS | eBay

It's a lot more difficult than i thought it would be because i was unable to use the same mounting hardware that the original projector did because the new projector, (Mini H1), was smaller so it wouldnt work.

I'm attempting to mount it another way but then I will be unable to aim it so I'm just hoping that it is properly aimed already.

Also, the halo rings that these cheap headlights came equipped with were HORRIBLE! so thats why I ordered new ones and I'm gonna put them in the same place as the old ones.

Attached Thumbnails Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-headlights.jpg  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 AM

So here is what I've got so far...

I am unsure wether or not I want to have the white/amber switchbacks for my parking lights(the area w/o the halo ring) or if I should keep the stock amber bulb. It's kind of hard to put it in there to see what it will look like without removing the bumper because the amber bulb wires dont seem to stretch too far.

Anyways, as you can see by the pics, I took an output shot for both the new projector with HID, and then the old projector with the halogen. Despite the clarity due to my iphone skills, you can see the horrible hotspots from the halogen projector. So im glad i decided to retrofit. I dont understand why the morimoto projector's output is so narrrow though, i feel like it should extend further down instead of having that bottom cut-off.

I also tred to get a picture of the color shift for when farther away and approaching the car. It's not much, but its pertty!

Attached Thumbnails Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-output1.jpg   Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-output2.jpg   Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-runnning-lights.jpg   Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-all-lights.jpg   Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style-color-shift.jpg  

Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Default Retrofit Headlights BMW/Audi Style

hi i'm also looking into retrofitting my headlights. i have the same ones with black housing and need to replace the led halos with something more powerful. what are the measurements on the led angel eyes??