Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Default Short Shifter

i dont know were to put this so i guess in here will work... anyway... i wanted to know... where would i look for a short shifter for a 03 honda accord 5 speed sedan

Old 04-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Default RE: Short Shifter

ump

Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 PM

thankie

Old 04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Administrator

**Hey Legion..are you talking about someone that is Say...under three feet tall...Just Kidding and looking for a LaffyTaffy...WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: legionofone

i dont know were to put this so i guess in here will work... anyway... i wanted to know... where would i look for a short shifter for a 03 honda accord 5 speed sedan

Old 04-28-2006, 02:10 AM

HAHAHAHA ironic... i call my freind megan my automatic transmission... shes 5'1" and shifts for me when shes in the car

Old 04-28-2006, 09:18 AM

Here's a writeup I posted elsewhere a while back on the Neuspeed:

This is one terrific product. I installed it on my '04 Accord 2.4l 5 speed manual, it also works on the 6 speed and I recommend it highly.

They say that throws are reduced by 30% but it feels like more. The installation is pretty straight forward although the instructions were not exact due to my car being a J-spec. model. Shifts are short and sweet with no additional "stiffness" felt through the shifter. The detents for each gear are more defined. Folks, THIS is the way they should come from the factory!! Let's put it this way....2nd and 3rd gear scratch are at my command, yes 3rd gear, no joke, no BS. . Normal or super quick shifting is precise and makes the car even more pleasurable to drive.

The instructions for the install are on the Neuspeed site. I recommend that you print them out in color because it comes out much, much better than the instructions sent with the billet piece. They have only been copied a zillion times and are a bit weak in the detail department.

The only tough part is getting the plastic ball off of the bottom of the shifter. This will require a bit of ingenuity since the method they say to use doesn't work....at least it didn't for me.

Here is the site, I hope this helps:
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_list.asp?app=63|TX&type=3&ltype=ns_import

Once there, click on the picture of the part and it will take you to a different page with an installed picture and link to the instructions. This is, without a doubt,the best fifty bucks I've spent on this car.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:12 AM

can autos have this? or is there something else similar to these products for autos?

Old 05-03-2006, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: o4vroom

can autos have this? or is there something else similar to these products for autos?
No but there are shift kits available for some autos to make it shift harder and quicker. I always added one to my tow vehicles in the past along with a transmission oil cooler.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Harder and quicker..... sounds kinda kinky ^_-

But i know ive seen a 4th to 3rd kick, but i didnt get the real purpose of it seeing as the transmission shifting already did what that suggested,
but im curious what it is youre talking about for the auto shift kit

Quick Reply: Short Shifter