Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Should I Tint my windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Default Should I Tint my windows?

There are a few places around my area that do window tint. Some as low as $89.99 for an entire car. I was interested in this one place that offers $149.99 for any shade any car, with a llumar lifetime warranty card that can be used at any Llumar dealer, should that place close or something. Covers cracking, bubbling, fading, you name it. I also like that place because they have the computer that cuts the tint out instead of putting the tint up to your windows and cutting it themselves, this would make near perfect precision around the edges.

I really want my windows tinted, in Ohio the laws are as dark as you want in the back, 50% for the driver and passenger side. I would just go all out and get like 10% or something all the way around. Any other suggestions? From what I understand, you can only get pulled over for tint if you get pulled over for something else such as speeding. I do not know how accurate that is, but I would be willing to take the chance FTL.

Funny fact: My neighbor has a new Tundra, silver/gray type color,just BLACKED out, and hes a State Highway Patrol.

Any suggestions????

Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Default RE: Should I Tint my windows?

I'm actually dropping by the place tonight for more details, 5% may be more expensive but I'm not sure. I don't want to go toooooo light, i was thinking anywhere form 10%-20% percent.

I dont want to go 35% tint, because 50%is legal and if you think about it, 35% would be just as illegal as say 10%, so why not just go 10% if you want it dark?

Sorry, i think im rambling a little too much.

BTW: I had 20% on my old 99 Civic, and i had a Dodge Stratus Sedan (POS) that had came with 35% all the way around when I purchased it.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: magiconthetire

I dont want to go 35% tint, because 50%is legal and if you think about it, 35% would be just as illegal as say 10%, so why not just go 10% if you want it dark?
Well 10% is going to be noticeably darker than 35%. While they're both illegal, I think a cop would jump on the darker windows.

Post pics of it when it's done!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Everyones tinting is cheaper than anywhere around me.

The average price is roughly $199.99 for any shade FOR THE BACK 3 WINDOWS. I refuse to pay that stupid price, so I am looking at places abought 50 miles away! lol

I would stick with the legal tint percent. Think about it, you are paying $ for the tint, if you get a ticket for the tint youll have to pay for that, then if you get another ticket youll have to pay for that. Eventually you will take the old tint off then pay them again to put a legal % on. Plus, having the dark tint gives them a reason to pull you over whenever they want.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 AM

computer cut is all bs. my buddy brought his car to car pretty auto salon. pretty well known in philly. did McNabbs ride. anyway, the edge of the window wasnt done properly or something b/c there was like a cm gap. wack!

i brought my car to this guy in southwest philly, did my car for 160. old skool. placed the film on the window, etc then what i loved about his service is that he shaved the edge of the film so that its literally at the edge of the window. no gap whatsoever. even after two years and cold/hot seasons, the tint has not shrunk or gapped.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 PM

I paid $225 for all windows except the front.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM

I paid 180 all around except the windshield. Cops dont bust ***** about mine because my license plate is special. And i got badges and what not but i dont abuse anything.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 PM

It also gives it more of a sporty look

Old 05-24-2008, 10:34 AM
wtony
Unregistered

Wow - I got a guy up here in OHIO that will do a Entire car for $125.00 - and he will come to your house ! Warranty - and everything 5 years !

Im getting it done to all sides and back for 125 out the door - I have seen his work , its great.

Defintly get it done - but I would leave the pass & drivers side a little lighter -

My accord has , Neons, Full Catback , Cold air -
Things I want done are:
Body Kit -
Paintjob -
Turbokit -d

WTONY ! [:-]

Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: wtony

Wow - I got a guy up here in OHIO that will do a Entire car for $125.00 - and he will come to your house ! Warranty - and everything 5 years !

Im getting it done to all sides and back for 125 out the door - I have seen his work , its great.

Defintly get it done - but I would leave the pass & drivers side a little lighter -

My accord has , Neons, Full Catback , Cold air -
Things I want done are:
Body Kit -
Paintjob -
Turbokit -d

WTONY ! [:-]
Is that a 5-year on the work or the film? I would pay a little more to get the lifetime film warranty against bubbling, cracking and fading.

Quick Reply: Should I Tint my windows?