Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 AM
todd45
Unregistered
Default speakers

hey im looking to get speakers for my 2006 honda accord lx sedan and wondering whats the best brand to get for my car. I'm looking for good sound and quality that can go good with my 10 inch subs i already havein my accord.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Default RE: speakers

www.crutchfield.com

Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member

X2 on crutchfield. This topic has been covered far too many times, but seeing as we can't really access audio/visual, I'll give my two cents anyway.

In no order: JL, Pioneer, Polk, Alpine, Sony, etc.

Feel free to add more.

***6x9s in the rear, 6.5s in the front, in case you were wondering.***

Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM

Eh

I'm not crazy about Pioneer and Kenwood.
Out of Polk, JL, Alpine and Sony, I chose Sony.
I've had their complete system in 3 of my cars and all have sounded pretty good fo rthe money.
Sonce I'm all about sound quality, their stuff seems to stand up

Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 AM
05accordv6
Unregistered

I actually just changed out all the speakers in my 05 accord....i had some pioneers sitting around from my last car so i put those in...sounds a lot better.
i didnt hear anyone mention anything about infinity speakers. from what i have heard, they have really clean crisp sound

Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sony Xplode s#ck$

Old 10-23-2008, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: blacknight07644

Eh

I'm not crazy about Pioneer and Kenwood.
Out of Polk, JL, Alpine and Sony, I chose Sony.
I've had their complete system in 3 of my cars and all have sounded pretty good fo rthe money.
Sonce I'm all about sound quality, their stuff seems to stand up
LMAO sounds like somebody has never heard any real JLs, or Polk MoMos. Sony is by far the worst, major brand, in all areas. Their speakers and subs are the WORST. Ever wondered why their called xplod? .Their headunits are the only thing that is OK. But sony equals sound quality? That's just hilarious! I have never heard anyone claim sony to be the best, or even good. Thank you for making my day!

If you want top notch sound quality look into the JL C5 series, or their VR series. JL is my personal favorite, I love the way they sound. Everyone has their own opinion though. I like softer and bright speakers. If you want a more powerful aggressive sound Focals are pretty damn good in that department. They can just get pretty harsh though.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Just installed some Infinity References in the front of my friends 05 Tibby and Pioneers in the back. The Infinitys sound great!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Infinity Reffs are good, I just personally don't like the way they sound. The highs can be hard and shrill. They are good quality for the money though.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM

Ahhhh, passing on knowledge and opinions on stereo gear. I love it. Okay, if you can get them, resonant engineering makes great gear, very small company but they make some damn near bulletproof equipment. If you don't want your highs to be too tinny or harsh, look for a system with silk tweeters as opposed to titanium or aluminum domes. And if you want a great bang for your buck, get a hold of some Lanzar Optidrive equipment. ONLY optidrive, their other lines are pretty much crap, but those optidrives are so overbuilt its ridiculous.

And yes I like JL too, I just think they're too dang expensive. Like McIntosh amps, they're the shiz but they're WAY expensive. I'm also a huge fan of Kenwood Excelon equipment. I have a nice story about pulling the face of my headunit out of a roofline gutter after 8 months and a winter and cleaning it up and it still working. (it's in my car as we speak)

I agree with toofat, Sony blows. Big time. They should stick to making......uh......walkmans. And playstations!!

Quick Reply: speakers