Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Stick Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM
GalenMan679
Unregistered
Default Stick Shift ****

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there were anyway to switch the **** on my stick shift. I have a 01 Honda Accord EX manual transmission. I'm 16 and I got my first car less than a month ago so I'm fairly new to the car world and therefore oblivious to this kind of stuff. Thanks guys.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Stick Shift ****

The **** should be held on via threads. Try twisting it counter clockwise to see if it comes loose..
Might take some elbow grease.

Here's an example of one detailed to be for an Accord:
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/kay...itemid=4267747

In reality, that's a universal shift **** since it comes with some thread-converters and what-not

Old 11-09-2007, 03:37 PM
GalenMan679
Unregistered

Well when I tried twisting counter clockwise, it seemed like the whole stick was moving, not just the ****. The leather attached to the **** also turned with it and twisted up around the stick. When I tried grabbing on to the stick and just twisting the ****, no matter how much force I put into it it wouldnt budge.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM

You have to squeeze the little metal ring below the **** and pull down to get the boot detached from the ****. The unscrew the **** counterclockwise.
Like this:

Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 PM
GalenMan679
Unregistered

Yes! It worked! You are a savior 00AccordLX5spd. No one has ever done anything as nice as what you have done for me today. Thanks for your help too klrspz, it is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM

No prob man. I got those pics from a link I had sir_nasty post in the DIY section. It has lots of good info. Check it out: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Gen...m_64674/tm.htm

haha, before I installed my short shift adapter I didn't check to see how to remove the **** from the boot. I removed the console and the **** with the boot still attached to the ****! It was a real PITA and I tore my boot a little. I will probably chop and re-thread my shift leversoon though so I will have to trim the boot anyways.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 PM

jon...that first pic just looks sooo wrong.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

jon...that first pic just looks sooo wrong.
first and second if you look at both fast back and forth. back and forth. back and forth. you really love your car huh? 6th gen shifters are sooo tall. taller than 5th gens, and wayy taller than my sweet **** short shifter. i was in my uncles 6th gen, i was like holy crap!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member

i know, they are tall, i knew i wanted a short shifter, ever since i first got the car, so what's the price range on of those things? and how hard is it to install

Old 11-10-2007, 12:34 AM

you could make a nice flip book out of those shots.

Quick Reply: Stick Shift Knob