Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

SUCCESS!!!! WITH PICS-REMOVING warning sticker on vanity cover-(UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Rich_M
Unregistered
Default SUCCESS!!!! WITH PICS-REMOVING warning sticker on vanity cover-(UPDATED)

My search-fu is weak today- couldn't find anything about removing the huge warning sticker that Honda puts on the hard plastic vanity-mirror covers (underside of the sunvisors). I WAS able to remove the airbag warning stickers on the outside of the visor, which was bonded to the fabric side. Used a hot steam iron on a wet washcloth, follwed up by some goof-off or similar product. Will post pics later.

The warning on that hard plastic is turning out to be a bugger- tried using a haridryer, wd-40, and goo-gone (citrus stuff)- with no success so far. Any ideas?

Here's the bottom of the visor where I removed Ugly Sticker #1 from the fabric side (no trace of it at all, still drying nicely).

And here's the little $%$^#@! that just won't come off, no matter what I try. I'm hoping that
someone will have another technique for removing this ugly warning sticker.

Covering it is an absolute LAST resort- removing it is the mission. Please let me know if you've done this yourself or have good advice from anyone who has. Good ideas welcome...
------------------------------------
UPDATED- I FINALLY GOT IT DONE- SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE POST...

Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Default RE: removing warning sticker on vanity cover

You could cover it up instead. Some S2000 owners have had stickers made that say S2000 on them. Others have a suede cover that fits tightly over the visor itself and gives a more upscale look to the interior. Just a couple of thoughts. Maybe there is a vendor here that is looking for a new product they could sell.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Rich_M
Unregistered

Sorry that you didn't realize I already removed the sticker from the fabric part of the visor- it's gone- out-not there anymore- shazaam. The decal that I'm trying to remove is on the INSIDE of the visor, on the vanity mirror cover. A sticket-cover would look cheap, in my opinion, and will be considered as a last-resort idea. I suppose it's better than nothing, but it still doesn't solve my problem. Pics will be up shortly...

Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

What about steaming it and then using a razor blade?

I would take off the flap so you dont destroy the fabric and try some terpentine or something. Just make sure it doenst mess up the plastic first.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Rich_M
Unregistered

I steamed the living crap out of it- it still wouldn't budge an inch. Apparently, the adhesive isn't sesitive to heat/steam/moisture. I am leaning towards using a chemical on it, but will probably wait to see what else is suggested here. Surely someone has done this before...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM

I tried to post some pictures of what I meant by stickers, but for some reason they didn't transfer from Photobucket.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Rich_M
Unregistered

The sticker idea looks like the lazy way to get around an eye-sore. Especially the fabric-side decals that come off rather easily- I can't see putting an ill-fitting, cheap-looking sticker over something that should be REMOVED. No easy way out for me- will still try for removing that plastic-mounted one. The washcloth/steam iron fix got rid of the fabric decals, now I'm trying for the other side of the visor...not interested in covering the problem, just removing it.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

If worse comes to worse...sand it off and repaint it.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Dang , this is a Large Post .whewwwwww

Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Rich_M
Unregistered

dang this is a large post
Thanks, I work out- lol. Sorry for having such a large first post/thread- I'm learning. Next one won't be such a booger.

I'm going to try using terpentine/gasoline/kerosene to remove the damn thing tonight- will post results. Worst case, as another person said, I'll sand it and then just paint it. Damn what an asspain this thing is.[:@]

Quick Reply: SUCCESS!!!! WITH PICS-REMOVING warning sticker on vanity cover-(UPDATED)